Level One Thai Yoga, Grand Rapids, MI: April 17 to 19, 2020 (16 CE Hours over Saturday and Sunday) SomaVeda® Fundamentals of SomaVeda® Thai Yoga: Level One, Grand Rapids, MI USA: Armentality Movement Arts Center, Grand Rapids, MI.
Friday 5:00 pm – 8:00 pm
Saturday and Sunday 9:00 am – 6:00 pm (1 hour lunch break)
This class is open to any and all persons and students from any background or level of training.
No massage license or bodywork experience is required!
*PLEASE NOTE* This is an intensive, hands-on training class. Students will be expected to stand, sit, kneel, squat, and support their own body weight for up to two hours at a time. Regular participation in a movement activity (i.e. yoga, fitness, martial arts, dance, sport) prior to registering is recommended.
The course covers the basic concepts of hands on healing in a balanced session using SomaVeda® Thai Yoga, a traditional, indigenous medicine-derived system which allows the practitioner to gain a three-dimensional perspective on facilitating and participating in another person’s healing process.
After completing this course, students will be able to:
– perform a complete 19 Asana beginner Vinyasa or flow with a partner and a one hour SomaVeda® Thai Yoga Therapy session (Thai Yoga Massage)
– understand the basic elements and theory of Classical Thai & Classical Indian Ayurveda Energy anatomy and physiology as it applies to the body.
– understand Basic Theory: Seven Chakras, Ten Sen or Prana Nadis, Wind Gates, Asana or therapeutic postures, Meridians and Accupoints
– understand the concept of body work as a meditation
– understand the Five Traditional Treatment Attitudes of the body
– understand benefits and contraindications for specific postures and applications for use in clinical or professional treatment environment
– understand and be able to perform the basic protocol and principles of SomaVeda® BET/ Bio-tapping technique (EFT) for balancing and clearing negative emotions
This is an introductory course to the SomaVeda® Certified Thai Yoga Practitioner program (CTP). Graduates of Level 1 are not professionals of SomaVeda® Thai Yoga. Students who complete this Level 1 course will receive a certification of completion and be able to legally practice learned techniques. Students must complete an entire CTP course (164 hours) to become a fully certified SomaVeda® Thai Yoga Practitioner authorized to practice with the NAIC.
What is SomaVeda®?
SomaVeda® College of Natural Medicine and Thai Yoga Center were founded under the Native American Indigenous Church (NAIC) by Achaan Dr. Anthony B. James, who incorporated the traditional teachings of various schools in Thailand with other traditional and eclectic modalities to create an effective healing protocol used by practitioners throughout the United States and world. More information about training programs can be found at www.thaiyogacenter.com
Who is the teacher?
Kaylee Koslowske is a SomaVeda® Certified Thai Yoga Practitioner (2018), Certified SomaVeda® Thai Yoga Teacher (2019) and Certified Ayurveda Life Style Consultant and Ayurveda Health Counselor (2018), and she is pursuing a Doctorate of Sacred Natural Medicine degree with the SomaVeda® College of Natural Medicine.
Included with the course:
– NAIC Authorized Participant Membership
– SomaVeda® Fundamentals of Thai Yoga Training Manual
NCBTMB CE for Licensed Massage Therapist (Native American Indigenous Church: NAIC)
Description: For detailed information and description of course content for this Level One Thai Yoga certificate course click here! Fundamentals of SomaVeda® Thai Yoga: Level One
SomaVeda® Thai Yoga Therapy is based on Traditional Thai Medicine and Ayurveda. It is an indigenous traditional healing style of Yoga Therapy bringing health and wellness to Spirit, Mind and Body. All Certified Teachers are Authorized NAIC Tribal Organization, Indian Health Care Ministers and Providers.
Certified Teacher: Khruu Kaylee Koslowske
Armentality Movement Arts Center, Grand Rapids, MI.
No previous experience necessary!