Ayurveda Health Consultant Certificate Program (750+ Hrs)
Enter the fast-growing Ayurveda Wellness and Health Care world in the U.S.A.!
Unlike “Mail Order” and or exclusively On-Line Certificate programs. S.C.N.M.’s A.H.C. is an actual, competency-based program requiring attending a natural, physical school. Our staff and teachers will personally guide you in developing skills for a safe and prosperous Ayurveda practice.
This highly specialized program will teach you the principles of becoming an Ayurvedic Health Consultant in today’s health world. No previous experience is necessary. However, Ayurveda is a beautiful addition to any existing health or allied health practice. Doctors, Massage Therapists, Yoga Practitioners, Teachers, and any other modality can access this 4000-year tradition of indigenous, traditional medicine.
A.A.P.N.A. PACE Accredited Certificate Program: Meets A.A.P.N.A.’s Level 2: Ayurvedic Practitioners membership pre-requisites.
SomaVeda® Ayurvedic Health Consultant Certificate 750 Hrs
ACCEPTING ENROLLMENT FOR: March, May, July, and November 2023
The 750-Hour Certificate for the SomaVeda® Ayurveda Health Counselor Program is based on Ayurveda’s holistic way of living and health and fulfills requirements for a 750+ Hour Ayurveda Health Counselor level membership.
The SomaVeda® A.H.C. 750hr+ program includes a comprehensive Ayurveda education focusing on Ayurveda principles of Theory/ Cosmology, Herbology, Nutrition protocols, daily routines, practices, and preparations that maximize well-being.
Accredited and Authorized: We provide a Legal Basis for A.H.C. practice in all 50 states! (No Massage License Necessary!)
See our N.A.I.C. SomaVeda College of Natural Medicine Recognitions! Register with confidence!
The course is 600 contact hours in class/hands-on and 150 hours of Supervised Clinic (total to date), Instructor Review, and practice. (First 164 hours are in the pre-requisite course: SomaVeda® Thai Yoga Therapy Practitioner Certificate Program.)
Experiential, the course is a highly interactive and dynamic learning experience.
Possible to do the course in only three modules? (CTP1, ALC -CTP2, and AHC -CTP3) – Each of the three required modules= each between 13 and approximately 17 days/ Average 200 hrs.)
A.H.C. Total Curriculum Hours: Total Course Hours: 750 hours
Core Curriculum: 500 Hrs: (All Core Classroom Hours are done in the presence of and under the direct instruction of a Certified Teacher)
Peripheral Courses: 100 Hrs (All Peripheral Classroom Hours are done in the company of and under the direct instruction of a Certified Teacher)
Externship/ Case Studies: 150 Hrs (50 Supervised), (Minimum 50 Patient Encounters)
The 29 Components of Ayurveda Core Knowledge sets that a student completes for the A.H.C. course:
1. Ayurveda101(Foundations of Ayurveda, Concepts of Ayurveda-Guna, Prakruti and Vikruti, Agni, Ama, Malas, Prana, Teja, Ojas,
2. Tridoshas 101(Dosha and Sub-Dosha, Dhatus, Srotas
3. Ayurveda Kriya Sharir 101 and Chikitsa and Nidana
4. Assessment and Diagnosis (Vital Signs, Nidana-Etiological Factors, Samprapti- Pathogenesis, Samkhya Philosophy
5. Astrology or Jyotish (Thai Korosot/ Chakra Medical Astrology)
6. Ayurveda and the Mind (Manasa) and, Meditation
7. Sankhya philosophy, Sanskrit, and Bhagavad Gita
8. Pancha karma 101 and Aromatherapy
9. Yoga Therapy (SomaVeda Integrated Traditional Therapies®: Thai Yoga Therapy as Core Modality. The A.H.C. Also includes further and details training in SomaVeda® TAELR/ IASTM- Marma Chikitsa therapy for soft tissue disorders)
10. Ayurvedic Nutrition (Including Traditional Naturopathic Nutrition emphasizing Ayurveda principles)(Recommendations, Treatment, and other Interventions for food and diet)
11. Ayurvedic Herbology and Mineralogy (Use of Herbs to balance Agni, eliminate Ama, and support Malas while building and protecting Ojas)( Pharmocopea and Use of Vedic Herbs) SomaVeda® Nuat Prakhop SamunPrai and (Maharishi Ayurveda Resource)
12. Clinical Management of Ayurveda, as well as case studies and research (Clinical Skills, Counseling Skills, Client Strengths, and Assets) (Maharishi Ayurveda Resource)
13. Research Skill Development
14. Lifestyle Prescriptions
15. Role of Senses (Satmyendriyarthasarm yoga)
16. Pacification of Dosha (Laṅghana: Śamana)
17. Tonification (Bṛṁhaṇa)
18. Cikitsa: Pre-natal, Natal, Post-natal (Prasūti Tantra)
19. Children’s Health (Kaumārabhṛtya)
20. Internal Medicine: Implement and manage protocols to pacify the doṣas within the digestive system (annavahasrotas).
21. ENT/Head and Neck Region (ŚālākyaTantra)
22. Psychiatry and Mental Health Strategies (Bhūtavidyā/ Manovijñāna)
23. Western Medicine: When to refer out to medical practitioners. How to develop a referral network.
24. Legal Guide Lines for Vedic and Indigenous Medicine Practitioners
25. Clinic Ethics and business practices (How to Start an Ayurveda/ Yoga Therapy Business.)
26. Prana Yama, Yoga Kriya
27. Meditation (Shamatha, Vipassana, Tratak)
28. Kizhi (Nuad Prakhop Samun Prai: Steamed Herbal Compress Massage)
29. Hatha and Reishi Yoga
Thirty (30) Post A.L.C.: A.H.C. Ayurveda Medicine One Course
31. Prakruti – Dosha Body Type Features As Per Master Charaka
32. Prakruti – Dosha bdoy type analysis, interpretation
33. How to make herbal ghee?
34. Ayurvedic herbal paste and herbal powders – how to make them? Utility.
35. Honey – benefits, research, wrong food combinations, remedies
36. Dhatu – Ayurvedic body tissues – introduction, explanation
37. Ojas- Symptoms Of Decrease, How To Increase
38. Ashwagandha remedies for sex
39. Winter Woes Ayurvedic Regimen
40. How To Make Chyawanprash At Home
41. Tastes – Types, Uses, Benefits
42. Water Usage, Quantity As per Ayurveda
43. Vata Imbalance Causes: Increase and decrease
44. Pitta imbalance causes: Increase and decrease
45. Kapha Imbalance causes: Increase – Decrease
46. Vata Imbalance Symptoms: Increase – Decrease
47. Pitta imbalance symptoms: Increase – Decrease
48. Kapha imbalance symptoms: Increase – Decrease
49. How to choose hair oil?
50. Dhatu – Tissues Increase And Decrease Symptoms And Interpretation
51. Herbal Powder Combinations For Your Hair And Face (For Hair wash, Face Pack, Face wash, etc.)
52. Prakruti – Body Type features as per Vagbhata (Ashtanga Hrudaya)
53. Darshana Philosophies – Introduction
54. Sweet and Sour Tastes – Uses, Side Effects
55. Salt and Pungent Tastes – Uses, Side Effects
56. Bitter And Astringent Tastes – Uses, Side Effects
57. Cold Infusions – Preparation, Examples
58. Srotas – Body Channels As Per Ayurveda
59. Hot Infusions: Preparation, Benefits, Examples
60. Fasting: Types, Benefits, Ayurveda Tips For Efficient Fasting
SomaVeda® Ayurveda Health Counselor Program also includes intensive course work, lectures, and practicum in the following subjects: Ayurvedic psychology, five elements, Tri Doshas, Prana, Tejas & Ojas, six tastes, Daily Regimen, Seasons, Digestion and Diet, Herbology, Vedic Assessment, Evaluation, five senses therapies (diet, herbs, aromas, sound, touch, color), Panchakarma theory, Yoga Therapy, Ayurvedic health management through 5 sense therapies.
Along with this, there are 50 hours spent in the direct presence of a teacher, including classroom hours and an apprenticeship. Live interactive video and audio class instruction (didactic and virtual classroom instruction) count as instruction in the presence of a teacher.
Peripheral Subjects: 100 Hrs These are related subject materials such as Ayurvedic concepts of Anatomy & Physiology, Sanskrit, Yoga, Vedanta, and Vedic Astrology. (Peripheral Subjects are in-class, teacher-directed hours.)
Externship/ Internship: 150 hours must be spent with a client in consultation. Fifty hours of supervised clinical patient encounter/ case management may be spent discussing cases with a supervisor or Certified SomaVeda® Teacher.
The A.H.C. The program is a competency-based (hands-on in-class) residential-based Ayurveda/ Yoga Therapy Health Counselor Program. It requires attendance in three (3) ( 164 hours each, total 600 hours) 17 – 20 day intensives (CTP1, CTP2, CTP3) + 50 Externship hours.
SomaVeda® Ayurveda Health Counselor (A.H.C.) Program Regular Tuition: $8,402.00
( Special!! Expires March 15th., 5:00 pm 2023)
Important! Reduced Tuition Scholarships are available! (Current scholarship and or reduced tuition offers to expire March 15th. 2023, 5:00 pm.) in addition to our generous scholarship programs, we also have liberal payment plans to work with your life and finances.
IMPORTANT! Not Included: A.H.C. Materials fee is $250.00 for CTP1, plus $150.00 for CTP2 (A.L.C.), and $120.00 for CTP3/ AHC: for all workbooks, Logbooks, textbooks, posters, Audio, and DVDs required. Food and Meals not included. Electrical for Camping and or Kitchen use fee. School uniforms are necessary and required. Private medical or treatments/ consultations are available by appointment at additional expense.
See N.W.S. Clinic Menu for details.
Special for currently enrolled T.Y.C. Students and or past graduates!
Can I add this A.H.C. Certificate program to an existing SomaVeda® program I am already enrolled in, such as A.W.C., TCP, D.S.T.I.M., or D.S.N.M.? Yes! We can combine the A.H.C. program and Certificate, qualifying you for A.A.P.N.A. Membership recognition for a meager fee. If you are currently enrolled or a past graduate of the SomaVeda College of Natural Medicine and or Thai Yoga Center Certification programs, give us a call for some excellent news! Eligible programs now include the A.H.C. at little or NO additional tuition! Call T.Y.C. Today.
The State of Florida Department of Education
Florida State Board of Independent Colleges and Universities
Native American Indigenous Church College of Natural Medicine (N.A.I.C.) operates in compliance, as a degree-granting institution through exemption, by the Florida State Board of Independent Colleges and Universities under Section 1005.06 (1) (f), F.L.A. Statutes. The state, like other states, does not require accreditation or theological accreditation for our religious education-based programs. N.A.I.C. is an Integrated Auxiliary of the Priory of Saving Grace.
NAIC is IRS 508(c)(1)(a) Compliant FBO (Faith Based Organization)(Tribal Organization)
SomaVeda Integrated Traditional Therapies®, SomaVeda® is a Federally Registered Trademark/ Servicemark and proprietary Intellectual Property, All World Rights Reserved.
Important: Please Note! N.A.I.C. Inc./ SomaVeda College of Natural Medicine/ Thai Yoga Center Cancellation and Refund Policies apply to all registrations and reservations for courses and programs. N.A.I.C./ Thai Yoga Center Programs are not public. They are offered exclusively under-expressed ecclesiastical/ private associations. Accepting these Posted Refund and Cancellation Policies and RPGs is a precondition for approval and participation in any program or course of study. Click Here for the Refund and Cancellation Policy