A) Ayurveda Yoga Therapists Certificate Program (1094 Hrs)
B) Ayurveda Practitioner Certificate Program (1094 Hrs)
Enter the U.S.A.’s exciting and fast-growing Ayurveda Wellness and Health Care world!
Unlike “Mail Order” exclusively Online Certificate programs. S.C.N.M.’s A.Y.T. is an entire program requiring honest, physical school attendance. Our staff and teachers will personally guide you in developing the skills necessary for a safe and prosperous Ayurveda practice.
No previous experience is necessary. However, Ayurveda is a beautiful addition to any existing health or allied health practice. Doctors, Massage Therapists, Yoga Practitioners, Teachers, and other modalities can access this 4000-year tradition of indigenous, traditional medicine.
SomaVeda® Ayurvedic Yoga Therapists (A.Y.T.) Certificate 1094 Hrs
ACCEPTING ENROLLMENT FOR: January, March, May, July, and November 2023
The 1094 Hour A.Y.T. Certificate for the SomaVeda® Ayurvedic Yoga Therapist Program is based on Ayurveda’s holistic way of living and health. It fulfills the Association of Ayurvedic Professionals of North America (A.A.P.N.A.) ( requirements for a 1000+ Hour Ayurveda Yoga Therapist/ Ayurveda Practitioner Recognition).
The SomaVeda® AYT 1094 hr. program includes a comprehensive Ayurveda education that focuses on Ayurveda principles of Yoga Therapy (SomaVeda® Thai Yoga primary modality), Hatha Yoga, Reishi Yoga, Pancha Karma, Sweedana, Shirodhara, Abhyanga, Sneehana, Herbology, Nutrition protocols, daily routines, practices, clinical applications, Classic Ayurvedic, Naturopathic and Modern clinical assessments and preparations that maximize well-being.
CORONA ISSUES: Additional course work and training in “Corona” and “Covid” related treatment and remedial protocols. We are way ahead of the curve in offering “Hard Core” information and specific solutions to understand the issues and their remedies. Particular emphasis is on our powerful work in correcting and healing many of the Pre and Co-morbidities that increase the risk of complication.
P.A.C.E. Accredited Program: Registered College of Ayurveda. Meets Association of Ayurvedic Professionals of North America (A.A.P.N.A.) AYURVEDIC YOGA THERAPIST (R.A.Y.T.) / REGISTERED AYURVEDIC PRACTITIONER (R.A.P.) membership pre-requisites.
Accredited and Authorized: We provide a Legal Basis for SomaVeda® A.Y.T. practice in all 50 states! (No Massage License Necessary!)
See our N.A.I.C. SomaVeda College of Natural Medicine Recognitions! Register with confidence!
The course is 800 contact hours in class/hands-on Ayurvedic Yoga Training and 208 hours of Supervised Clinic practice. Total hr. required for Graduation: 1094
Experiential, the course is a highly interactive and dynamic learning experience.
Possible to do the course in only six months to one year!
SomaVeda® A.Y.T. Core Curriculum Hours: Total Course Hours: 1008 hours
Core Curriculum: 700 Hrs: (All Classroom Hours are done in the presence of under the direct instruction of a Certified Teacher)
Peripheral Courses: 100 Hrs
Peripheral Ayurveda Home Study Courses: 86 Hrs
Externship/Case Studies: 200 Hrs+ 8 Hrs = 208 Hrs
There are 21 Modules that a student completes for the Ayurvedic Yoga Therapists (A.Y.T.) course:
1. Ayurveda101, 201, 301
2. Tridoshas 101, 201, 301
3. Ayurveda Kriya Sharir 101, 201 and Chikitsa and Nidana
4. Samkhya Philosophy
5. Astrology or Jyotish (Thai Korosot) 101, 201, 301
6. Ayurveda and the Mind (Manasa) and, Meditation
7. Sankhya philosophy, Sanskrit, and Bhagavad Gita
8. Panchakarma101, 201 and Aromatherapy 101, 201, 301
9. Yoga Therapy (SomaVeda Integrated Traditional Therapies: Thai Yoga Therapy as Core Modality)
10. Ayurvedic Nutrition (Including Traditional Naturopathic Nutrition emphasizing Ayurveda principles)
11. Ayurvedic Herbology SomaVeda™ and (Maharishi Ayurveda Resource)
12. Clinical Management of Ayurveda, as well as case studies and research (Maharishi Ayurveda Resource)
13. Legal Guide Lines for Vedic and Indigenous Medicine Practitioners
14. Clinic Ethics and business practices (How to Start an Ayurveda/ Yoga Therapy Business.)
15. Prana Yama, Yoga Kriya
16. Meditation (Shamatha, Vipassana, Tratak)
17. Kizhi (Nuad Prakhop Samun Prai: Steamed Herbal Compress Massage)
18. Hatha and Reishi Yoga
19. Pancha Karma 101, 201
20. Ayurvedic Beauty Course
21. Kerla Rejuvinative Treatments:
⁃ Abhyanga full body massage 2 therapists
⁃ Abhyanga full body massage single therapist
⁃ Head and face massage
⁃ Steam bath herbal
⁃ Elakizhi – Patra Potala sweda, (Nuad Prakhop Samun Prai)
⁃ Shastika Shali pinda sweda – Navarakizhi
⁃ Pizhichil (Dhara)
⁃ Shiro Vasti
⁃ Kati Vasti
⁃ Greeva Vasti
⁃ Akshi tarpana
⁃ Taktra Dhara
⁃ Tala podichil
Thirty-nine (39) Post-AHC (30) Ayurveda Yoga Therapist Medicine Courses
61. Understanding Agni – Digestion And Metabolism Factor
62. Guggulu Uses, Side Effects, Medicines, Research
63. Dhatu Dushti – Tissue Vitiation: Symptoms64. Ancient Methods Of Herb Collection And Preservation
65. Trikatu Uses, Remedies, Research, Side Effects
66. Fasting: Benefits, Water Fasting, Juice Fasting, Warning Signs
67. Upadhatu – Sub Tissues, Introduction, Explanation
68. Ayurvedic Tablets with Polyherbal Guggulu: Manufacturing, Examples
69. Rules for herb substitution -default rules of medicine making
70. Rasa Dhatu – Understanding, Physiology, Pathology, Line Of Treatment
71. Routes of Ayurveda Medicine Administration
72. Herb Classification Based on Dosha, Taste
73. Mala- Waste Products of the body
74. Tablet Dosage Form: Types, Examples
75. Raktu Dhatu: Blood Tissue Description, Vitiation, Treatment Principles
76. Guna- Qualities of Herbs As Per Ayurveda
77. Mana- Measurement, Poly Herbal vs. Single Herbs
78. Dhatu (Tissue) Body Types
79. Vipaka- Taste Transformation After Digestion
80. Mamsa Dhatu- Muscle Tissues As Per Ayurveda
81. Introducing Ayurveda to Beginners
82. Veerya- Potency of Herbs: Ayurveda Pharmacology
83. Herbs for Good Sleep
84. Acute Stroke Management by Dr. Ravishankhar Pervaje + Case Study
85. Karma- Pharmacological Action of Herbs Introduction, Examples
86. Medo Dhatu- Fat Tissue
87. Ayurveda Through the Ages
88. Prabhava -Special Effects of Herbs
89. Shelf Life of Ayurvedic Medicines
90. Meaning of Pharmacological Terms _ Part 1
91. Asthi Dhatu – Bone Tissue As Per Ayurveda
92. Ten Point Patient Examination As Per Charaka
93. How to Introduce Herbs, Herbal Remedies to Beginners
94. The Legacy and Contributions of Sushrita Samhita
95. Improving Memory and Sleep In Elders – Remedies, Medicines
96. Explanation of Terms of Ayurveda Explaining Laxative Action
97. Food, Sleep, and Sex – Three Pillars of Life
98. Horse Gram Uses, Remedies, Research, Side Effects
99. Management of Arthritis in Elders
100. Majja Dhatu Importance, Nourishment, Imbalance Symptoms, Management
SomaVeda® Ayurveda Yoga Therapists (A.Y.T.) The program also includes intensive course work, lectures, and practicum in the following subjects: Ayurvedic psychology, five elements, three doshas, prana, Tejas & Ojas, six tastes, daily regimen, seasons, digestion and diet, herbology, Vedic assessment, evaluation, five senses therapies (diet, herbs, aromas, sound, touch, color), Panchakarma theory, yoga therapy, Ayurvedic health management through 5 sense therapies.
Along with this, there are 75 hours spent in the direct presence of a teacher, including classroom hours and an apprenticeship. Live interactive video and audio instruction (didactic and virtual classroom instruction) count as instruction in the presence of a teacher.
Peripheral Subjects: 186 Hrs These are related subject materials such as Ayurvedic concepts of Anatomy & Physiology, Sanskrit, Yoga, Vedanta, and Vedic Astrology. Peripheral coursework includes 86 individual Ayurveda Science and Therapy courses in distance learning/online video format. Each system consists of a separate text/ workbook in PDF format. For a list of Ayurveda Home Study Courses, CLICK HERE!
Externship/Internship: 200 hours must be spent with a client in consultation. An additional 8 hours of case management may be spent discussing cases with a supervisor or Certified SomaVeda® Teacher.
The SomaVeda® A.Y.T. Program is a residential-based Ayurveda/ Yoga Therapy Practitioner Program. It requires attendance in 4 ( Avg. 200 hours each, total 800 hours) 13 to 17-day intensives (CTP1, A.L.C., A.H.C., TCP, Advanced Ayurvedic Program Intensive), plus 108 Externship hours.
A.A.P.N.A. Certified Yoga Therapists Level Membership (Association of Ayurvedic Professionals of North America (A.A.P.N.A.)) Graduates will qualify for A.A.P.N.A. Yoga Therapist and Ayurvedic Practitioner Level Membership. However, A.A.P.N.A. Membership is omitted and must be applied for separately.
SomaVeda® AYT/ AP Program Tuition Cost: $10,486.00 (Less any Tuition Scholarship!)
Important! Reduced Tuition Scholarships are available!
Not Included: A.Y.T. Materials fee is $796.00 for all workbooks, text, posters, and online coursework required. Food and Meals not included. Additional Text Book “Ayurveda: The Science of Self Healing” by Dr. Vasant Lad, available at our bookstore. There is a separate meal plan open with housing. Electrical for Camping and or Kitchen use fee. Personal medical consultations and or treatments of any kind with Dr. James or other T.Y.C. staff. Private medical or treatments/ consultations are available by appointment at additional expense. See N.W.S. Clinic Menu for details.
Special for currently enrolled T.Y.C. Students and or past graduates!
Can I add this SomaVeda® A.Y.T. Certificate program to an existing S.C.N.M. SomaVeda® program I am already enrolled in, such as A.L.C., A.H.C., TCP, A.S.A., BSSc., D.S.N.M., D.S.T.I.M., and or Ayurveda Ph.D.? Yes! We can combine the A.Y.T. program and Certificate, qualifying you for A.A.P.N.A. Membership recognition for a meager fee. If you are enrolled or a past Thai Yoga Center Certification program graduate, call us for some excellent news! Eligible programs now include the A.Y.T. at little or NO additional tuition! Call T.Y.C. / Dr. Anthony B, James Today!
Please Note: On-Site Housing is mandatory to qualify for eligibility for maximum tuition scholarships. Nonresidential students are considered Students at Large Registrations. They may still qualify for special pricing based on the registration date and the number of available seats in any given class. On-Site Housing is NOT required to attend T.Y.C. programs.
(Current scholarship and reduced tuition offer to expire April 1st. 2023, 5:00 pm.)
Learn Clinical Thai Yoga & Ayurveda in Thailand!
The State of Florida Department of Education
Florida State Board of Independent Colleges and Universities
Native American Indigenous Church Inc. (N.A.I.C.): SomaVeda College of Natural Medicine (S.C.N.M.) operates in compliance, as a degree-granting institution through exemption, by the Florida State Board of Independent Colleges and Universities under Section 1005.06 (1) (f), F.L.A. Statutes. N.A.I.C. is an Integrated Auxiliary of the Priory of Saving Grace. The state, like other states, does not require accreditation or theological accreditation for our religious education-based programs.
NAIC is an IRS 508(c)(1)(a) Compliant FBO (Faith Based Organization)
Important: Please Note! N.A.I.C. Inc./ SomaVeda College of Natural Medicine/ Thai Yoga Center Cancellation and Refund Policies apply to all registrations and reservations for courses and programs. N.A.I.C./ Thai Yoga Center Programs are not public. They are offered exclusively under-expressed ecclesiastical/ private associations. Accepting these Posted Refund and Cancellation Policies and RPGs is a precondition for approval and participation in any program or course of study. Click Here for the Refund and Cancellation Policy
SomaVeda Integrated Traditional Therapies®, SomaVeda® is a Federally Registered Trademark/ Servicemark and proprietary Intellectual Property, All World Rights Reserved.
2 thoughts on “AYT Ayurveda Yoga Therapist”
Thank you very much for the update on my materials looking forward to receiving them have been looking forward to this part of my lifes journey for many years and the guidance to become a healing practitioner
No worries Deborah. Perhaps they will encourage you to come and join a class with us! Be well