Ayurveda Lifestyle Consultant Certificate Program (371 Hrs. Post SomaVeda® Thai Yoga practitioner Certificate (Basic Level): Valid through July 1st. 2023)
Enter the fast-growing Ayurveda Wellness and Health Care world in the USA!
Want to Keep active, mobile, free from painkillers, and stay out of the doctor’s office?
Do you want to get back to the happy life you used to have? Want to look better or feel better all the time?
Want to help others to do this and make a good living? We can help get you there! (No Massage License Required!)
Concerned with Covid-19? In the ALC, you will learn enhanced, effective adjunct modalities in this course that require NO and LIMITED TOUCHING! Traditional Medicine emphasizes treatment and therapeutic protocols appropriate for the illnesses being presented! Traditional Thai and Indigenous Medicine include Ayurveda, Nutrition, Herbology, Naturopathy, Homeopathy, Psychological therapies for mental health, and targeted remedies for building the immune system while reducing inflammation and increasing resistance to ALL infectious diseases. You will indeed be able to begin working as a Health Counselor now and in the future, securing your livelihood and ability to contribute to your community substantially!
The 535 Hr. Ayurveda Wellness Counselor (Ayurveda Lifestyle Consultant) training and Certificate: Post CTP1 is the intermediate level following the SomaVeda® Thai Yoga Practitioner Certificate program (CTP1)!
Prerequisite CTP1 (plus additional coursework and clinical practice). This highly specialized program will teach you the principles of becoming a Certified Ayurvedic Lifestyle Counselor in today’s health world. However, Ayurveda is a beautiful addition to any existing health or allied health practice. Doctors, Massage Therapists, Yoga Practitioners, Teachers, and any other modality can access this 4000-year tradition of indigenous, traditional medicine. (A.A.P.N.A. Approved at the Ayurveda Lifestyle Consultant Level)
SomaVeda® Ayurveda Lifestyle Consultant Certificate 535 Hrs
Meets A.A.P.N.A.’s Level 1: Ayurvedic Lifestyle Consultants membership prerequisites.
ACCEPTING ENROLLMENT FOR: July, and November 2023 & January, March, and May 2024
The 535 Hour Certificate for the SomaVeda® Ayurveda Lifestyle Counselor Program is based on Ayurveda, Traditional Thai Massage, and indigenous and traditional holistic ways of living and health. This PACE Accredited Certificate Program meets or exceeds the A.A.P.N.A., P.A.C.E., and A.L.C . minimum educational requirements.
The SomaVeda® ALC: SomaVeda® Ayurveda Lifestyle Counselor Program includes a comprehensive education focusing on Ayurveda principles of Theory/ Cosmology, Herbology, Nutrition protocols, daily routines, practices, and preparations that maximize well-being.
Accredited and Authorized: We provide a Legal Basis for “A.L.C.” practice in all 50 states! (No Massage license or other State License is Required or Necessary to practice under N.A.I.C. Legal Shield!)
See our NAIC SomaVeda College of Natural Medicine Recognitions! Register with confidence!
The course is post-164 hr. SomaVeda® Thai Yoga Practitioner Certificate Retreat (Basic Practitioner Level). It requires an additional 100 contact hours in class/hands-on and 100 hours of Home Study/ Distance Learning Online, Supervised Clinic, Instructor Review, and Practice (a Total of Five Standardized SomaVeda® Ayurveda Therapeutic Day Programs adequately documented).
Experiential, the course is a highly interactive and dynamic learning experience.
Possible to do the course in 17 days? (Following completion of CTP1)
SomaVeda® A.L.C. Total Curriculum Hours: Total Course Hours: 235 hours (Post CTP1)
Core Curriculum: 140 Hrs: (All Core Classroom Hours are done in the presence of and under the direct instruction of a Certified Teacher)…
Peripheral Courses: 40 Hrs (All Peripheral Classroom Hours are done in the presence of and under the direct instruction of a Certified Teacher)
Home Study Prerequisite: 60 hrs. in dedicated Ayurveda practice, clinical applications, and Theory.
IMPORTANT! Practice Prerequisite Requirement for Graduation: Externship/ Case Studies: 35 hours (5 Supervised) (Minimum 35 Patient Encounters) A patient encounter is defined as a one-hour to 1.5 hr. treatment session, using the SomaVeda® Thai Yoga Therapeutic Day Protocol on one individual client or patient. One full SomaVeda® Therapeutic Day Protocol (Seven individual sessions over seven days following the rotation protocol as taught in CTP1) with one (1) client or patient equals 10.5 contact hours for credit towards A.L.C. or higher Certification. For graduation, a minimum of three (3) SV-Therapeutic Day Protocols on three different clients and an additional three to four one-hour contact sessions are required. All practice is to be documented in the SomaVeda® Client Practice Log issued to all A.L.C. enrolled students. Only SV-Practice log recorded/ documented sessions can be submitted for credit.
N.A.I.C. A.F.M. Pro-Tier Level Active Membership Required for Graduation.
The 19 Components of Ayurveda Core Knowledge sets that a student completes for the ALC course:
1. Ayurveda 101 (Foundations of Ayurveda, Concepts of Ayurveda-Gunsa, Prakruti, and Vikruti)
2. Body Type: How to assess individual constitution, the basis for individualized wellness programs. Tridoshas 101 (Dosha and Sub-Dosha, Dhatus)
3. Assessment and Diagnosis (Vital Signs, Nidana-Etiological Factors, Samprapti- Pathogenesis, Samkhya Philosophy
4. Prevention: How to identify, reduce and or eliminate the root causes contributing to health imbalance and disease
5. Astrology or Jyotish (Thai Korosot/ Chakra Medical Astrology)
6. Meditation (Shamatha, Vipassana, Tratak)
7. Sankhya (Samkhya) philosophy
8. Detoxification: Introduction to Panchakarma and Aromatherapy
9. Yoga Therapy (SomaVeda Integrated Traditional Therapies®: Thai Yoga Therapy as Core Modality)
10. Diet and Nutrition: Ayurvedic Nutrition (Including Traditional Naturopathic Nutrition emphasizing Ayurveda principles)(Recommendations, Treatment, and other Interventions for food and diet)
11. Marma Therapy (SomaVeda Integrated Traditional Therapies®: Thai Yoga Therapy Intermediate Level as Core Modality)
12. Lifestyle Prescriptions: How to develop a highly individualized approach to a healthy lifestyle
13. Internal Medicine: Implementing and managing protocols to pacify the doṣas within the digestive system (annavahasrotas).
14. Psychiatry and Mental Health Strategies (Bhūtavidyā/Manovijñāna)
15. Western Medicine: When to refer out to medical practitioners. How to develop a referral network.
16. Legal Guide Lines for Ayurveda, Vedic, and Indigenous Medicine Practitioners
17. Clinic Ethics and business practices (How to Start an Ayurveda/ Yoga Therapy Business.)
18. Meditation (Shamatha, Vipassana, Tratak)
19. Hatha and Reishi Yoga
Thirty (30) Ayurveda ALC Ayurveda Medicine One Course (Passing grade on the exam required)
1. Hypertension Prevention and Management through Ayurveda
2. Ayurvedic Usage of Ghee for Health and Disease As Per Ayurveda
3. Mind power, knowledge, and concentration per Ayurveda
4. Amla usage, benefits, side effects
5. Chyawanprash uses side effects
6. Ayurvedic hair oils – how and when to apply
7. Triphala (Three sacred fruit remedies)
8. Kashayam – Ayurveda Herbal teas – how to make, benefits
9. Meditation – How To Do, Step By Step, Demo
10. How to Sleep better? Herbs, lifestyle tips, and home remedies.
11. Guduchi – The most underrated Ayurvedic medicinal herb.
12. Brahmacharya – Celibacy, Benefits, Herbs to help, rules to follow
13. Ashwagandha benefits, usage side effects
14. Abhyanga – benefits, how to do
15. Stress: Causes, symptoms, treatment
16. Make Ayurvedic hair oil by yourself
17. Ginger benefits, usage, side effects
18. Fatigue and tiredness – causes, symptoms, treatment, home remedies
19. Black pepper uses, research, remedies, side effects
20. Vata Dosha qualities, functions, dominant places
21. Turmeric uses, research, remedies, side effects
22. Pitta Dosha qualities, functions, dominant places
23. Tulsi – Holy Basil uses, research, remedies, side effects
24. Kapha Dosha qualities, functions, dominant places
25. Swarasa – herbal juice extracts: how to prepare, benefits, Ayurveda usage
26. Vata Dosha Types, Dominant Places, and times
27. Pippali – fruit and root – Uses, Remedies, Research, Side Effects
28. Pitta Dosha – Types, dominant places and times, relationship with mind
29. Kapha Dosha – Types, dominant places and times, relationship with mind
30. Prakruti – Dosha Body Type Features As Per Master Sushruta
Please Note: SomaVeda® Ayurveda Lifestyle Consultant Certificate Program (ALC) also includes intensive course work, lectures, and practicum in the following subjects: Ayurvedic psychology, five elements, Tri Doshas, Prana, Daily Regimen, Seasons, Digestion and Diet, Herbology, Vedic Assessment, Evaluation, five senses therapies (diet, herbs, aromas, sound, touch, color), Panchakarma theory, Yoga Therapy, Ayurvedic Wellness management through 5 sense therapies, Dosha Balancing Treatment Emphasis, Marma Therapy.
Three hundred sixty-four hours are spent in the direct presence of a teacher and include classroom hours and an apprenticeship. Live interactive video and audio instruction (didactic and virtual classroom instruction) count as instruction in the presence of a teacher.
Peripheral Subjects: 40 Hrs These are related subject materials such as Ayurvedic concepts of Anatomy & Physiology, Sanskrit, Yoga, Vedanta, and Vedic Astrology. (Peripheral Subjects are Online delivery and teacher-directed hours.)
SomaVeda® Bio-Tap®/ EFT Professional Skills 3
Externship/ Internship: 35 session hours (35 distinctive clients) must be spent one-on-one with a client in consultation following the SomaVeda® Therapeutic Day Protocol. A minimum of 21 hours in Therapeutic Day format. Balance of hrs. in a minimum of 9 (1.5hr.) or 14 (1hr.) or more individual General (5 attitude style) sessions of at least 1 to 1.5 hrs. each in any combination. Up to 5 hours of supervised clinical patient encounter/ case management may be spent discussing cases with a supervisor or Certified SomaVeda® Teacher.
The ALC Program is a module-residential-based Ayurveda/ Yoga Therapy Health Counselor Program. It requires attendance in total two (2) ( 164 hours- 13 days CTP1 & 200-hour ALC + Nuad Boran Traditional Northern Style Thai Massage, complete 364 hours) 13- 16 day intensives (CTP1 & CTP2), plus One Level Three (Online Video-based) and 100 Externship hours.
SomaVeda® Ayurveda Lifestyle Counselor (ALC: CTP2) Program Regular Tuition: $8,402.00
Important! Reduced Tuition Continuing Education Grants/ Scholarships are available for CTP1 Graduates only! The 164 hr. SomaVeda® Thai Yoga Practitioner Certification (Basic Level) is a prerequisite training to qualify for the A.L.C. (Current scholarship and or reduced tuition offers to expire June 1st. 2023, 5:00 pm.). In addition to our generous scholarship programs, we also have liberal payment plans to work with your life and finances.
They are not Included: $192.00 Book and Materials Fee specific for A.L.C.: CTP2. All workbooks, Logbooks, textbooks, posters, Audio and Home Study courses, and media required. Required School Uniforms, Food, and Meals are omitted-not included. Electrical for Camping and or Kitchen use fee, not-included. Personal medical consultations and or treatments of any kind with Dr. Anthony B. James or other T.Y.C. staff are extra. Private medical or treatments/ consultations are available by appointment at additional expense. See NWS Clinic Menu for details.
Special for currently enrolled TYC Students and or past graduates!
Can I add this A.L.C. (CTP2) Certificate program to an existing SomaVeda® program I am already enrolled in, such as SomaVeda® Thai Yoga Practitioner Certification (Basic Level), SomaVeda® Teacher Certification, SCNM College Degree, Ayurveda Ph.D. or Doctor of Arts in Traditional & Indigenous Medicine (DSTIM).? Yes! We can combine the A.L.C. program and Certificate recognition for a meager fee.
If you are currently enrolled or a past graduate of the SomaVeda College of Natural Medicine and or Thai Yoga Center Certification programs, give us a call for some excellent news! Eligible programs now include the A.L.C. at little or NO additional tuition! Call TYC Today!
(Current Tuition scholarship and or reduced tuition offers to expire June 1st. 2023 5:00 pm.)
The State of Florida Department of Education
Florida State Board of Independent Colleges and Universities
Native American Indigenous Church College of Natural Medicine (NAIC) operates in compliance, as a degree-granting institution through exemption, by the Florida State Board of Independent Colleges and Universities under Section 1005.06 (1) (f), FLA Statutes. The state, like other states, does not require accreditation or theological accreditation for our religious education-based programs. NAIC is an Integrated Auxiliary of the Priory of Saving Grace. NAIC is an IRS 508(c)(1)(a) compliant FBO (Faith Based Org) Tribal Organization.
SomaVeda Integrated Traditional Therapies®, SomaVeda® is a Federally Registered Trademark/ Servicemark and proprietary Intellectual Property, All World Rights Reserved.
Important: Please Note! N.A.I.C. Inc./ SomaVeda College of Natural Medicine/ Thai Yoga Center Cancellation and Refund Policies apply to all registrations and reservations for courses and programs. N.A.I.C./ Thai Yoga Center Programs are not public. They are offered exclusively under-expressed ecclesiastical/ private associations. Accepting these Posted Refund and Cancellation Policies and RPGs is a precondition for approval and participation in any program or course of study. Click Here for the Refund and Cancellation Policy