Ayurveda Lifestyle Consultant Certificate Program (CTP2: 335 Hrs. Post CTP1: Valid through September 1st. 2019)
Enter the exciting and fast growing world of Ayurveda Wellness and Health Care in USA!
Want to Keep active, mobile, free from pain killers and stay out of the doctor’s office!
Do you want to get back to the happy life you used to have? Want to look better or feel better all the time?
Want to help others to do this and make a good living? We can help get you there! (No Massage License Required!)
The 535 Hr. Ayurveda Wellness Counselor (Ayurveda Lifestyle Consultant) training and Certificate: CTP2 is the intermediate level following the the SomaVeda® Thai Yoga Practitioner Certificate program (CTP1)!
Pre-requisite CTP1 (plus additional course work and clinical practice). This highly specialized program will teach you the principles of becoming an Ayurvedic Wellness Counselor in today’s health world. However, Ayurveda is a wonderful addition to any existing health or allied health practice. Doctors, Massage Therapists, Yoga Practitioners and Teachers as well as any other modality can gain access to this 4000 year tradition of indigenous, traditional medicine. (AAPNA Approved at the Ayurveda Lifestyle Consultant Level)
SomaVeda® Ayurvedic Wellness Counselor/ Ayurveda Lifestyle Consultant Certificate 535 Hrs
Meets AAPNA’s Level 1: Ayurvedic Lifestyle Consultants membership pre-requisites.
ACCEPTING ENROLLMENT FOR: January, March, May, July, September, November 2019
The 535 Hour Certificate for the SomaVeda® Ayurveda Wellness Counselor Program is based on Ayurveda, Traditional Thai Massage, indigenous and traditional holistic ways of living and health.
The SomaVeda® AWC/ ALC: CTP2 program includes a comprehensive Ayurveda education that focuses on Ayurveda principles of Theory/ Cosmology, Herbology, Nutrition protocols, daily routines, practices and preparations that maximize well-being.
Accredited and Authorized: We provide Legal Basis for AWC practice in all 50 states! (No Massage or other License Necessary!)
See our NAIC SomaVeda College of Natural Medicine Recognitions! Register with confidence!
Course is post CTP1 and requires an additional 200 contact hours in class/ hands on and 100 hours Supervised Clinic, Instructor Review and practice (Five SomaVeda® Ayurveda Therapeutic Day Programs).
Experiential, the course is highly interactive and dynamic learning experience.
Possible to do the course in only 1 month! (Following completion of CTP1)
ALC Total Curriculum Hours: Total Course Hours: 235 hours (Post CTP1)
Core Curriculum: 160 Hrs: (All Core Classroom Hours are done in presence of and under the direct instruction of Certified Teacher)
Peripheral Courses: 40 Hrs (All Peripheral Classroom Hours are done in presence of and under the direct instruction of Certified Teacher)
Externship/ Case Studies: 35Hrs (5 Supervised), (Minimum 35 Patient Encounters)
The 19 Components of Ayurveda Core Knowledge sets that a student completes for the ALC course:
1. Ayurveda 101 (Foundations of Ayurveda, Concepts of Ayurveda-Gunsa, Prakruti and Vikruti)
2. Body Type: How to assess individual constitution, the basis for individualized wellness programs. Tridoshas 101 (Dosha and Sub-Dosha, Dhatus)
3. Assessment and Diagnosis (Vital Signs, Nidana-Etiological Factors, Samprapti- Pathogenisis, Samkhya Philosophy
4. Prevention: How to identify, reduce and or eliminate the root causes contributing to health imbalance and disease
5. Astrology or Jyotish (Thai Korosot/ Chakra Medical Astrology)
6. Meditation (Shamatha, Vipassana, Tratak)
7. Sankhya (Samkhya) philosophy
8. Detoxification: Introduction to Panchakarma and Aromatherapy
9. Yoga Therapy (SomaVeda Integrated Traditional Therapies®: Thai Yoga Therapy as Core Modality)
10. Diet and Nutrition: Ayurvedic Nutrition (Including Traditional Naturopathic Nutrition emphasizing Ayurveda principles)(Recommendations, Treatment and other Interventions for food and diet)
11. Marma Therapy (SomaVeda Integrated Traditional Therapies®: Thai Yoga Therapy Intermediate Level as Core Modality)
12. Lifestyle Prescriptions: How to develop a highly individualized approach to a healthy lifestyle
13. Internal Medicine: Implementation and management of protocols to pacify the doṣas within the digestive system (annavahasrotas).
14. Psychiatry and Mental Health Strategies (Bhūtavidyā/Manovijñāna)
15. Western Medicine: When to refer out to medical practitioners. How to develop a referral network.
16. Legal Guide Lines for Ayurveda, Vedic and Indigenous Medicine Practitioners
17. Clinic Ethics and business practices (How to Start an Ayurveda/ Yoga Therapy Business.)
18. Meditation (Shamatha, Vipassana, Tratak)
19. Hatha and Reishi Yoga
Thirty (30) Ayurveda ALC Ayurveda Medicine One Courses (Passing grade on exam required)
1. Hypertension Prevention and Management through Ayurveda
2. Ayurvedic Usage of ghee for Health and Disease As Per Ayurveda
3. Mind power, knowledge and concentration per Ayurveda
4. Amla usage, benefits, side effects
5. Chyawanprash uses, side effects
6. Ayurvedic hair oils – how and when to apply
7. Triphala (Three sacred fruit remedy)
8. Kashayam – Ayurveda Herbal teas – how to make, benefits
9. Meditation – How To Do, Step By Step, Demo
10. How to Sleep better? Herbs, lifestyle tips and home remedies.
11. Guduchi – Most under-rated Ayurvedic medicinal herb.
12. Brahmacharya – Celibacy, Benefits, Herbs to help, rules to follow
13. Ashwagandha benefits, usage side effects
14. Abhyanga – benefits, how to do
15. Stress: Causes, symptoms, treatment
16. Make Ayurvedic hair oil by yourself
17. Ginger benefits, usage, side effects
18. Fatigue and tiredness – causes, symptoms treatment, home remedies
19. Black pepper uses, research, remedies, side effects
20. Vata Dosha qualities, functions, dominant places
21. Turmeric uses, research, remedies, side effects
22. Pitta Dosha qualities, functions, dominant places
23. Tulsi – Holy Basil uses, research, remedies, side effects
24. Kapha Dosha qualities, functions, dominant places
25. Swarasa – herbal juice extracts: how to prepare, benefits, Ayurveda usage
26. Vata Dosha Types, Dominant Places and times
27. Pippali – fruit and root – Uses, Remedies, Research, Side Effects
28. Pitta Dosha – Types, dominant places and times, relationship with mind
29. Kapha Dosha – Types, dominant places and times, relationship with mind
30. Prakruti – Dosha Body Type Features As Per Master Sushruta
SomaVeda® Ayurveda Lifestyle Consultant Certificate Program (ALC) also includes intensive course work, lecture and practicum in the following subjects: Ayurvedic psychology, 5 elements, Tri Doshas, Prana, Daily Regimen, Seasons, Digestion and Diet, Herbology, Vedic Assessment, Evaluation, 5 senses therapies (diet, herbs, aromas, sound, touch, color), Panchakarma theory, Yoga Therapy, Ayurvedic Wellness management through 5 sense therapies, Dosha Balancing Treatment Emphasis, Marma Therapy.
364 hours are spent in the direct presence of a teacher and include classroom hours as well as apprenticeship. Live interactive video and audio class instruction (didactic and virtual classroom instruction) counts as instruction in the presence of a teacher.
Peripheral Subjects: 40 Hrs These are related subject material such as Ayurvedic concept of Anatomy & physiology, Sanskrit, Yoga, Vedanta and Vedic Astrology. (Peripheral Subjects are in-class, teacher directed hours.)
Externship/ Internship: 35 session hours (35 distinctive clients) minimum must be spent one on one with a client in consultation following the SomaVeda® Therapeutic Day Protocol. A minimum of 21 hours in Therapeutic Day format. Balance of hrs. in a minimum of 9 (1.5hr.) or 14 (1hr.) or more individual General (5 attitude style) sessions of at least 1 to 1.5 hrs. each in any combination. Up to 5 hours of supervised clinical patient encounter/ case management may be spent discussing cases with a supervisor or Certified SomaVeda® Teacher.
The ALC Program is a residential based Ayurveda/ Yoga Therapy Health Counselor Program and requires attendance in two (2) ( 164 hour CTP1 & 200 hour CTP2, total 364 hours) 17- 20 day intensives (CTP1 & CTP2), plus One Level Three (7 days) and 100 Externship hours.
SomaVeda® Ayurveda Lifestyle Counselor (ALC: CTP2) Program Regular Tuition: $8,402.00
Important! Reduced Tuition Continuing Education Grants/ Scholarships are available for CTP1 Graduates only! The 164 hr. SomaVeda® Thai Yoga Practitioner Certification is a required pre-requisite level of training needed to qualify to attend the ALC. In addition to our generous scholarship programs, we also have liberal payment plans to work with your life and finances. (Current scholarship and or reduced tuition offers expires July 30th. 5:00pm.)
Not Included: $150.00 Book and Materials Fee for ALC: CTP2. All workbooks, Logbooks, textbooks, posters, Audio and media required. Food and Meals not included. There is a separate meal plan available for CTP2 students listed with housing. Electrical for Camping and or Kitchen use fee. Personal medical consultations and or treatments of any kind with Dr. Anthony James or other TYC staff are extra. Personal medical or therapeutic treatments/ consultations are available by appointment at additional expense. See NWS Clinic Menu for details.
Special for currently enrolled TYC Students and or past graduates!
Can I add this ALC: CTP2 Certificate program to an existing SomaVeda® program I am already enrolled in such as CTP1, TCP, DSNM or Ayurveda PhD.? Yes! We can combine the ALC program and Certificate recognition for a very low fee. If your currently enrolled or a past graduate of the SomaVeda College of Natural Medicine and or Thai Yoga Center Certification programs give us a call for some very good news! Eligible programs now include the ALC at little or NO additional tuition! Call TYC Today!
(Current scholarship and or reduced tuition offers expires July 30th. 5:00pm.)
The State of Florida Department of Education
Native American Indigenous Church College of Natural Medicine (NAIC) operates in compliance, as a degree granting institution through exemption, by the Florida State Board of Independent Colleges and Universities under Section 1005.06 (1) (f), FLA Statutes. The state, like other states, does not require accreditation or theological accreditation for our religious education based programs. NAIC is an Integrated Auxiliary of the Priory of Saving Grace. NAIC is an IRS 508(c)(1)(a) compliant FBO (Faith Based Org) Tribal Organization.
Important: Please Note! NAIC Inc./ SomaVeda College of Natural Medicine/ Thai Yoga Center Cancellation and Refund Policies apply to all registrations and or reservations for courses and programs. NAIC/ Thai Yoga Center Programs are not public and are offered exclusively under expressed ecclesiastical/ private association and acceptance of these Posted Refund and Cancellation Policies and RPG’s are a precondition towards acceptance and participation in any program or course of study. Click Here for Refund and Cancellation Policy