Enter the exciting and fast growing world of Ayurveda Wellness and Health Care in USA!
Unlike “Mail Order” and or exclusively On-Line Certificate programs. SCNM’s AHC is a real program, competency based and requires attendance in a real, physical school. Our staff and teachers will personally guide you in the skill development necessary to have a safe and prosperous Ayurveda practice.
No previous experience necessary. This highly specialized program will teach you the principles of becoming an Ayurvedic Health Consultant in today’s health world. However, Ayurveda is a wonderful addition to any existing health or allied health practice. Doctors, Massage Therapists, Yoga Practitioners and Teachers as well as any other modality can gain access to this 4000 year tradition of indigenous, traditional medicine.
Meets AAPNA’s Level 2: Ayurvedic Practitioners membership pre-requisites.
SomaVeda® Ayurvedic Health Consultant Certificate 750 Hrs
ACCEPTING ENROLLMENT FOR: September, November 2018 and January, March, May, July, September, November 2019
The 750 Hour Certificate for the SomaVeda® Ayurveda Health Counselor Program is based on Ayurveda’s holistic way of living and health and fulfills NAMA requirements for a 750+ Hour Ayurveda Health Counselor level membership.
The SomaVeda® AHC 750hr+ program includes a comprehensive Ayurveda education that focuses on Ayurveda principles of Theory/ Cosmology, Herbology, Nutrition protocols, daily routines, practices and preparations that maximize well-being.
Accredited and Authorized: We provide Legal Basis for AHC practice in all 50 states! (No Massage License Necessary!)
See our NAIC SomaVeda College of Natural Medicine Recognition’s! Register with confidence!
Course is 600 contact hours in class/ hands on and 150 hours Supervised Clinic (total to date), Instructor Review and practice. (First 164 hours is in pre-requisite course: SomaVeda® Thai Yoga Therapy Practitioner Certificate Program.)
Experiential, the course is highly interactive and dynamic learning experience.
Possible to do the course in only 3 modules! (CTP1, CTP2/ ALC, and CTP3/AHC- Each of three required modules= each between 17 and approximately 27 days/ 200 hrs.)
AHC Total Curriculum Hours: Total Course Hours: 750 hours
Core Curriculum: 500 Hrs: (All Core Classroom Hours are done in presence of and under the direct instruction of Certified Teacher)
Peripheral Courses: 100 Hrs (All Peripheral Classroom Hours are done in presence of and under the direct instruction of Certified Teacher)
Externship/ Case Studies: 150 Hrs (50 Supervised), (Minimum 50 Patient Encounters)
The 29 Components of Ayurveda Core Knowledge sets that a student completes for the AHC course:
1. Ayurveda101(Foundations of Ayurveda, Concepts of Ayurveda-Guna, Prakruti and Vikruti, Agni, Ama, Malas, Prana, Teja, Ojas,
2. Tridoshas 101(Dosha and Sub-Dosha, Dhatus, Srotas
3. Ayurveda Kriya Sharir 101 and Chikitsa and Nidana
4. Assessment and Diagnosis (Vital Signs, Nidana-Etiological Factors, Samprapti- Pathogenisis, Samkhya Philosophy
5. Astrology or Jyotish (Thai Korosot/ Chakra Medical Astrology)
6. Ayurveda and the Mind (Manasa), and, Meditation
7. Sankhya philosophy, Sanskrit and Bhagavad Gita
8. Pancha karma 101 and Aromatherapy
9. Yoga Therapy (SomaVeda Integrated Traditional Therapies®: Thai Yoga Therapy as Core Modality. The AHC Also includes further and details training in SomaVeda® TAELR/ IASTM- Marma Chikitsa therapy for soft tissue disorders)
10. Ayurvedic Nutrition (Including Traditional Naturopathic Nutrition emphasizing Ayurveda principles)(Recommendations, Treatment and other Interventions for food and diet)
11. Ayurvedic Herbology and Mineralology, (Use of Herbs to balance Agni, eliminate Ama and support Malas while building and protecting Ojas)( Pharmocopea and Use of Vedic Herbs) SomaVeda® Nuat Prakhop SamunPrai and (Maharishi Ayurveda Resource)
12. Clinical Management of Ayurveda, as well as case studies and research (Clinical Skills, Counseling Skills, Client Strengths and Assets) (Maharishi Ayurveda Resource)
13. Research Skill Development
14. Lifestyle Prescriptions
15. Role of Senses (Satmyendriyarthasarm yoga)
16. Pacification of Dosha (Laṅghana: Śamana)
17. Tonification (Bṛṁhaṇa)
18. Cikitsa: Pre-natal, Natal, Post-natal (Prasūti Tantra)
19. Children’s Health (Kaumārabhṛtya)
20. Internal Medicine: Implementation and management of protocols to pacify the doṣas within the digestive system (annavahasrotas).
21. ENT/Head and Neck Region (ŚālākyaTantra)
22. Psychiatry and Mental Health Strategies (Bhūtavidyā/ Manovijñāna)
23. Western Medicine: When to refer out to medical practitioners. How to develop a referral network.
24. Legal Guide Lines for Vedic and Indigenous Medicine Practitioners
25. Clinic Ethics and business practices (How to Start an Ayurveda/ Yoga Therapy Business.)
26. Prana Yama, Yoga Kriya
27. Meditation (Shamatha, Vipassana, Tratak)
28. Kizhi (Nuad Prakhop Samun Prai: Steamed Herbal Compress Massage)
29. Hatha and Reishi Yoga
SomaVeda® Ayurveda Health Counselor Program also includes intensive course work, lecture and practicum in the following subjects: Ayurvedic psychology, 5 elements, Tri Doshas, Prana, Tejas & Ojas, 6 tastes, Daily Regimen, Seasons, Digestion and Diet, Herbology, Vedic Assessment, Evaluation, 5 senses therapies (diet, herbs, aromas, sound, touch, color), Panchakarma theory, Yoga Therapy, Ayurvedic health management through 5 sense therapies.
Along with this, there are 50 hours spent in the direct presence of a teacher and include classroom hours as well as apprenticeship. Live interactive video and audio class instruction (didactic and virtual classroom instruction) counts as instruction in the presence of a teacher.
Peripheral Subjects: 100 Hrs These are related subject material such as Ayurvedic concept of Anatomy & physiology, Sanskrit, Yoga, Vedanta and Vedic Astrology. (Peripheral Subjects are in-class, teacher directed hours.)
Externship/ Internship: 150 hours must be spent one on one with a client in consultation. 50 hours of supervised clinical patient encounter/ case management may be spent discussing cases with a supervisor or Certified SomaVeda® Teacher.
The AHC Program is a competency based (hands -on in-class) residential based Ayurveda/ Yoga Therapy Health Counselor Program and requires attendance in three (3) ( 164 hour each, total 600 hours) 17 – 20 day intensives (CTP1, CTP2, CTP3), plus One Level Three (Seven Day) + 50 Externship hours.
SomaVeda® Ayurveda Health Counselor (AHC) Program Regular Tuition: $8,402.00
( Special!! Expires August 26th., 5:00pm 2018)
Important! Reduced Tuition Scholarships are available! In addition to our generous scholarship programs, we also have liberal payment plans to work with your life and finances. (Current scholarship and or reduced tuition offers expires August 26th. 2018, 5:00pm.)
Not Included: AHC Materials fee is $250.00 for CTP1 Plus and additional $150.00 for CTP2 (AWC/ ALC), $120.00 for CTP3/ AHC: for all workbooks, Logbooks, textbooks, posters, Audio and DVD’s required. Food and Meals not included. There is a separate meal plan available listed with housing. Electrical for Camping and or Kitchen use fee. Personal medical consultations and or treatments of any kind with Dr. Anthony James or other TYC staff. Personal medical or therapeutic treatments/ consultations are available by appointment at additional expense. See NWS Clinic Menu for details.
Special for currently enrolled TYC Students and or past graduates!
Can I add this AHC Certificate program to an existing SomaVeda® program I am already enrolled in such as AWC/CTP2, TCP and or DSNM? Yes! We can combine the AHC program and Certificate qualifying you for NAMA Membership recognition for a very low fee. If your currently enrolled or a past graduate of the SomaVeda College of Natural Medicine and or Thai Yoga Center Certification programs give us a call for some very good news! Eligible programs now include the AHC at little or NO additional tuition! Call TYC Today.
(Current scholarship and or reduced tuition offers expires August 26th, 2018, 5:00pm.)
The State of Florida Department of Education
Native American Indigenous Church College of Natural Medicine (NAIC) operates in compliance, as a degree granting institution through exemption, by the Florida State Board of Independent Colleges and Universities under Section 1005.06 (1) (f), FLA Statutes. The state, like other states, does not require accreditation or theological accreditation for our religious education based programs. NAIC is an Integrated Auxiliary of the Priory of Saving Grace.
NAIC is IRS 508(c)(1)(a) Compliant FBO (Faith Based Organization)(Tribal Organization)
Important: Please Note! NAIC Inc./ SomaVeda College of Natural Medicine/ Thai Yoga Center Cancellation and Refund Policies apply to all registrations and or reservations for courses and programs. NAIC/ Thai Yoga Center Programs are not public and are offered exclusively under expressed ecclesiastical/ private association and acceptance of these Posted Refund and Cancellation Policies and RPG’s are a precondition towards acceptance and participation in any program or course of study. Click Here for Refund and Cancellation Policy