Credentials, Licensing, Approvals, Affiliations, Recognition and Accreditation
Native American Indigenous Church, Inc. (DBA NAIC/ The SomaVeda College of Natural Medicine/ School of Ayurveda/ Thai Yoga Center), is bona fide, State of Florida, Not for Profit / 508(c)(1)(a) compliant Religious/ Church/ Ecclesiastical Organization offering private membership, educational and Pastoral Medical services. NAIC is an Integrated Auxiliary of the Priory of Saving Grace. We want our members and the public using us as a resource to have confidence in our membership, our certification programs, and our mission. We believe all creditable programs should be able to prove their legitimacy in the public domain. Although we are a Florida Based entity, we provide educational programs at various locations around the US and internationally as well.
The State of Florida Department of Education
Native American Indigenous Church: SomaVeda College of Natural Medicine operates in compliance, as a degree-granting institution through an exemption (The 2022 Letter of Exemption is currently pending as per the commission.), by the Florida State Board of Independent Colleges and Universities under Section 1005.06 (1) (f), FLA Statutes. The state of Florida, like other states, does not require accreditation or theological accreditation for our religious education-based programs. The State of Florida Department of Education specifically states ” Religious Institutions Not Under the Purview of the Commission Florida Statute 1005.06 (1)(f), Florida Statutes: Religious Institutions Exempt from the Commission’s Jurisdiction: Religious institutions that meet the requirements found in Section 1005.06(1)(f), Florida Statutes and Rule 6E-5.001, Florida Administrative Code are not under the jurisdiction or purview of the Commission for Independent Education and are not required to obtain licensure.”
We are fully registered and authorized to issue certifications, diplomas, and degrees for both primary and continuing education by the Florida State Board of Independent Colleges and Universities, NCBTMB, NAIC, ANMA, SMOCH, AAPNA, and our graduates from advanced programs of study are eligible to apply for several levels of Apostolic/ Clerical/ Ministerial Therapeutic-medical and or vocational licensing. There is no special licensing required for NAIC members to offer their services to other members!
Please note: We are constantly working to increase the professional offerings, and third-party recognitions for our Staff, teachers, and Instructors. We are striving to represent our traditionally based healing, therapeutic and medical therapeutics at the highest level and keeping current with relevant research.
NAIC SomaVeda College of Natural Medicine/ School of Ayurveda/ Thai Yoga Center Educational Programs and Degrees additionally, may be recognized by various private and or ecclesiastical accrediting bodies. These are private associations that offer professional accreditation in Ayurveda, Natural Medicine, Naturopathy, Clerical, Pastoral Medicine, and other areas of natural health. As such, they are designed to meet the needs of non-traditional education. To the best of our knowledge no Native American, Indigenous Traditional Medicine and or Classical Ayurveda, Yoga, and or Yoga Therapy programs are specifically required to have outside, secular, or governmental educational oversight.
Please note: Regarding CEUs for other associations, other non-NAIC agencies, religious institutions, and National Boards such as NCBTMB, NAIC, SMOCH, AAPNA, etc. Every association and private CEU-providing organization maintains its own distinctive requirements… however, it is fairly safe to say that any class offered for CEUs with specific state approval.. i.e. a state-approved provider, vocational school, a post-secondary educational school with a provider number from that state will automatically be acceptable. If you have any specific questions or queries regarding this, please let us know.
Native American Indigenous Church Inc. (NAIC) currently maintains Church offices: State of Florida Not For Profit Corporation/ IRS compliant 508(c)(1)(a): 5401 Saving Grace Ln. Brooksville, FL 34602 (Click to view Florida State Certificate)
Recognitions/ Accreditation/ Approvals/ Membership / Affiliations:
- NEW! Food over Medicine Course Certified Instructor (FOM) • Wellness Health Forum • (Dr. Pamela A. Popper) • Dr. Anthony B. James • April 25th. 2022
- NEW! Biomagnetic Pair Therapy • Certified Practitioner • Dr. Anthony B. James • The International Council for the Study and Outreach of Natural Therapies CIEDITENA • Centro Internacional Para El Estudio Y La Difusion De Las Terapias Naturales • Certificate # B-82047779 • Madrid, Spain • April 16, 2022.
- AAPNA • Director of Education Ajahn, Dr. Anthony B. James: Presenter • 6th. World Ayurveda Day, November 2, 2021, • International Ayurveda Celebration!
- AAPNA • Professional Ayurvedic Continuing Education Provider • PACE • Registered Ayurvedic Yoga School • Professional Ayurvedic Continuing Education Provider • February 26, 2021 to February 26, 2026 • Registration Number: PACE 1389-12 • www.AAPNA.Org
- Native Bishop Ordination • Office of the Major Archbishop-Catholicos Sovereign Ecclesiastical Monarchy: Patriarch Mar Basileus Adao Pereira I: Decree of Election of Bishop No. 2020.007 Decree to the Sacred Catholic Church of the East in Brazil, Certify Dr. Anthony B. James Ordained and Blessed with the Order of Native Bishop according to the Native- Chaldean Rite of the Church, confirmed 14, December 2020.
- Affiliated: Sripai Buddhist Foundation: Sukhotai Thai Traditional Medical Development Center • GTO Academy • Aachan Phra Maha Sripai Aphathhoro • Bangwa & Bangkok Thailand • April 2019 to Present
- Ajahn, Dr. Anthony James: Certified Lanna Style “Tok Sen” Certification • Lanna Thai Massage Traditional Medical School • Chiangmai, Thailand • April 2019
- Affiliated Thai Medicine School: Lanna Thai Massage Traditional Medical School • Chiangmai, Thailand • December 2018
- Dr. Anthony B. James: AAPNA Advisory Board Member: Professor- Teacher, Physician, Registered Ayurveda Doctor (Vidya), Minister, Healer, Therapist… Florida, USA 2018 to Present
- National Certification Board for Therapeutic Massage & Bodywork (NCBTMB) as a Continuing Education Approved Provider # 1203 (Native American Indigenous Church (NAIC): ) • September 2016 to Present (Current Certificate).
- Veda Vyasa Award 2017 • Dr. Anthony B. James receives the Association of Ayurvedic Professionals of North America (AAPNA) Veda Vyasa Award for SomaVeda® textbook “Ayurveda of Thailand, Indigenous Traditional Thai Medicine and Yoga Therapy”, 27th, International Conference, Atlanta, GA August 5th. 2017
- NAIC Integrated Auxiliary Priory of Saving Grace • August 2016 to Present
- NAIC Inc. 508(c)(1)(a) FBO (Faith Based Organization), Native American Tribal Organization • August 2016 to Present
- Doctor of Philosophy (Ph.D.) Indigenous Medicine • Director of Education, Dr. Anthony B. James receives from PanAmerican School of Natural Medicine • Nevis, West Indies • June 6th, 2014
- Doctorate in Monastic Medicine (h.c.) • Director of Education, Dr. Anthony B. James receives dual degree from PanAmerican School of Natural Medicine • Nevis, West Indies • June 6th, 2014
- United Nations Department of Economic and Social Affairs NGO Branch (DESA) •: Registered Indigenous Peoples Organization • June 23, 2013, to Present • (NAIC NGO Registration Search: “Native American Indigenous Church”)
- Doctor of Natural Medicine (DNM) Degree • Director of Education, Dr. Anthony B. James receives from PanAmerican School of Natural Medicine • Nevis, West Indies • Houston, Texas • February 9th. 2012
- Doctorate in Acupuncture (Physical Medicine) • Director of Education, Dr. Anthony B. James receives from PanAmerican School of Natural Medicine • Nevis, West Indies • November 28th. 2012
- Registered Ayurveda Organization • National Ayurvedic Medical Association • NAMA • 2012 to 2018
- Registered School of Ayurveda • Association of Ayurvedic Professionals of North America (AAPNA) • #:RSA-RAYT 1389-12 • (Click Here to view Certification) 2012 to Present • 2012 to Present
- Jade Center for Integrative Medicine: Appointed International Scientific Board • Dr. Anthony James of the SomaVeda College of Natural Medicine USA, Ibarra, Ecuador • October 2012 to Present
- Florida Department of Education: State Board of Independent Colleges and Universities • September 19th. 2012 to Present (See Fla. DOE Current Letter of Exemption)
- Oklevueha Native American Church of SomaVeda receives recognition and Charter from Oklevueha Native American Church • Utah & Rosebud Reservation South Dakota • May 2012 to September 2016
- Revmo. Mons. Dr. Anthony B. James • Chaplain of Holiness • Soberana Orden De Santiago Apostal • Ancient Apostolic and Catholic Church of the East in Brazil • Metropolitan Archbishop Mar Basilius Adao Pereira da Silva • Annapolis, GO (Brasil) • October 2011.
- Doctor of Pastoral Humanities Care (h.c.) • Dr. Anthony B. James • Pontífice Instituito de Ciências Humanas e Religiosas, em parceria com a Universidad Ortodoxa de las Americas e Universidad y Seminario Apostolico de las Americas • Ancient Apostolic and Catholic Church of the East Syrian- Chaldean Rite of the America’s in Brazil • Metropolitan Archbishop Mar Basilius Adao Pereira da Silva • Annapolis, GO (Brasil) • October, 2011.
- Affiliate • EL INSTITUTO TECNICO SUPERIOR DE NATUROPATIA MISAEL ACOSTA SOLIS de Riobomba • COLEGIO DE MEDICOS NATUROPATAS Y ALTERNATIVO * Rio Bamba/ Quito Ecuador • 2011 to Present
- Affiliate • Escuela Superior Politecnica del Chimborazo ESPOCH [School of Medicine], and Cooperativa de Naturopatia PODER DE VIDA • Rio Bamba/ Quito Ecuador • 2011 to Present
- Affiliate • SMOKH • The Sacred Medical Order of The Knights of Hope • Orden Medica Sagrada De Caballeros De Esperanza • May 2011 to Present
- Affiliate • PanAmerican School of Natural Medicine • Charlestown, Nevis, West Indies • April 16, 2011, to Present
- Registered Ayurvedic Clinician (R.A.C./ RAAP) • #RAC 1024-10 • Association of Ayurvedic Professionals of North America • AAPNA • Cooperstown, PA, USA • (Click Here to view Certificate) • 2010 to Present
- National Certification Board for Therapeutic Massage & Bodywork (NCBTMB) as a continuing education Approved Provider # 451300-10 • June 1st. 2010 to September 2018.
- SomaVeda Yoga Space • Ithica, NY • 2009 to 2012
- The Union of Thai Traditional Medicine Society • UTTS • Bangkok, Thailand • November 2009 to present (Dr. Anthony B. James issued Lifetime Member #520121896)
- Florida State Board of Massage Therapy, ( FSBMT) Certified Program and Program CE Provider #: 50-15942, (2009 to present)
- International Turkish Massage Institute, Antalya, Turkey, (2008 to 2010)
- SomaVeda® Graduates approved to sit for ANCB National Boards (ANCB): (Jan. 2008 to Present) (Approval Letter: Click Here)
- American Naturopathic Certification Board • Approved CEU Provider: (ANCB): (Nov. 2007)
- American Board of Drugless Practitioners (AADP) Certification & Accreditation Board • Full Board Professional Accreditation and Certification • September 3, 2013, to 2016 • (SCNM Certificate of Accreditation)
- Dr. Anthony James receives (Ajahn (Aacharn), Professor, Master) Teacher recognition from Wat Po Association for Thai Traditional Medicine, on December 1st. 2006
- Anantasuk School of Traditional Thai Medicine and Massage, Hua Hin and Bangkok Thailand
- June 11, 2006, ITTA Approved to offer of Ayurveda, Naturopathy & Yoga Hospital, Ayurvedic Training Center ( Guru kulam:) -Panchakarma training center for Ayurvedic professionals, Ayurvedic consulting service as well as Ayurvedic Medicine Manufacturing unit. Azhiyur, Calicut District, Kerala.
- May 23, 2006, ITTA to co-facilitate programs with Wangklaikangwon Industrial Community & Educational College in Hua Hin, Thailand.
- Department of Export Promotion, Ministry of Commerce, Royal Thai Government, Thai Trade Center, Chicago: Letter of Recommendation for Thai Yoga and Thailand Traditional Massage • May 2, 2006.
- Mississippi State Board of Massage Therapy, ( MSBMT) Certified Program and Program Provider #037, (06/ 2004 to 2010)
- NTYMBCB, National Thai Yoga, Thai Massage and Bodywork Certification Board, Commission on Accreditation, Provider # 001-1/2004 (07/2004 to 2012)
- “Friend Of Thailand 2002” Award, TAT, Trade Center, Royal Thai Dept. of Commerce (Sept. 2002)
- American Association of Drugless Practitioners, (AADP), Board Approval, Commission on Professional School Accreditation, Gilmer Texas, USA, #42542302 (1999 -2007)
- ANMA, American Naturopathic Medical Association, Las Vegas, NV (2002 to 2017)
- ICHF, International Council for Health Freedom, La Jolla, CA (1996 to 2000)
- IBAM, Indian Board of Alternative Medicine, Calcutta, India (1998 to 2000)
- IAMA, International Alternative Medical Association, Calcutta, India (1998 to 2002)
- OIUCM, The Open International University for Complimentary Medicines (1998 to 2002)
- International Association of Educators For World Peace, Calcutta, India, Affiliated with UN ECOSOC, UNICEF & UNESCO
(1998 to Present)
- NOCA, National Organization for Competency Assurance (US, DOE APPROVED), Washington, DC, USA (1992 to 1998)
- 1992: Practitioner Certificate: ITM, Institute of Thai Massage, Chaingmai, Thailand
- ABMP, Associated Bodywork, and Massage Professionals, USA (Active 1992 to 2008), (ITTA Association Registry # 137760)
- 1991: Teacher Certificate: Buntautuk Northern Hill Tribes Provincial Hospital, (Old Medicine Hospital), Chiangmai, Thailand
- Lek Chaiya Nerve Touch School of Jap Sen Nuat, Tok Sen Nuad, Chiangmai, Thailand (1989 to 2019)
- Body Therapy Institute, Toms River New Jersey, State Massage Program, USA
- Nuad-Institut fur Traditionelle Thai Massagen, Berlin, Germany
- I.T.I.M., International Tibet Independence Movement, Bloomington, Indiana, USA
- 1983: Khruu, Buddhai Sawan Institute, Nongkam, Thailand
- UIA, Union of International Associations, Brussels, Belgium
- Colon Health Network, Basalt, CO, USA
- P.F.A. Bhopal, India (People For Animals)
Accreditation and Recognition for our Programs in Thailand:
The current worldwide interest in Indigenous, Traditional Thai Medicine (ITTM): Thai Yoga and its slang cousin “Thai Massage” has encouraged the Royal Thai government to implement new laws and regulations to set standards for Thai Yoga and or massage schools. As a result, Thai Yoga and or Thai Massage schools must re-evaluate their massage techniques in order to address safety concerns, improve teaching methods, and be well-informed about how Thai massage affects the way people live in the modern world.
NAIC in-country Affiliates and Partners coordinating and conducting our Thailand programs in Thailand are established with authorization from the Thai Ministry of Education Department and with permission from the governor of Chiang Mai. Additionally, school affiliations are provided via The Union of Thai Traditional Medicine Society (UTTS). Our affiliate schools are accredited under the Royal decree of Article 18 of Private School Act B.E.2525 and complied with the new Thai Public Health Department law requiring the professional license of the authorized school owner to hold one of the followings:
1. Medical Doctor License (M.D.)
2. Registered Nurse License (R.N.)
3. Physical Therapist License (P.T.)
4. Thai Traditional Medicine Doctor License (T.T.M.)
The Ministry of Education Department must approve all criteria set by the law as follows:
1. Curriculum being taught by the schools
2. Certified teachers
3. Learning facility meeting the department’s guidelines to ensure effective learning and safety
4. Number of students allowed per class
5. Hours of operation
6. Documentation and records keeping
7. Fees being charged
8. Diploma and seal format
The schools have been providing high-quality Thai Massage education to students from more than 30 countries. The number of students to this date is nearly 2,000 students. A large number of them are returned students to attend higher courses. Many of them learn about NAIC by word of mouth from our previous students all over the world; Chiang Mai at a local cafe’, on the bus in Laos, or even on a trip to Africa!
NAIC Inc. and our professional affiliates will continue to provide a high standard and strive to improve the education of all students.
SomaVeda Integrated Traditional Therapies®, SomaVeda® is a Federally Registered Trademark/ Servicemark and proprietary Intellectual Property, All World Rights Reserved.