A) Ayurveda Yoga Therapists Certificate Program (1094 Hrs)
B) Ayurveda Practitioner Certificate Program (1094 Hrs)
Enter the exciting and fast growing world of Ayurveda Wellness and Health Care in USA!
Unlike “Mail Order” exclusively On-Line Certificate programs. SCNM’s AYT is a real program and requires attendance in a real, physical school. Our staff and teachers will personally guide you in the skill development necessary to have a safe and prosperous Ayurveda practice.
No previous experience necessary. However, Ayurveda is a wonderful addition to any existing health or allied health practice. Doctors, Massage Therapists, Yoga Practitioners and Teachers as well as any other modality can gain access to this 4000 year tradition of indigenous, traditional medicine.
SomaVeda® Ayurvedic Yoga Therapists (AYT) Certificate 1094 Hrs
ACCEPTING ENROLLMENT FOR: January, March, May, July, September, November 2020
The 1094 Hour AYT Certificate for the SomaVeda® Ayurvedic Yoga Therapist Program is based on Ayurveda’s holistic way of living and health and fulfills Association of Ayurvedic Professionals of North America (AAPNA) ( requirements for a 1000+ Hour Ayurveda Yoga Therapists/ Ayurveda Practitioner Recognition).
The SomaVeda® AYT 1094 hr. program includes a comprehensive Ayurveda education that focuses on Ayurveda principles of Yoga Therapy (SomaVeda® Thai Yoga primary modality), Hatha Yoga, Reishi Yoga, Pancha Karma, Sweedana, Shirodhara, Abhyanga, Sneehana, Herbology, Nutrition protocols, daily routines, practices, clinical applications, Classic Ayurvedic, Naturopathic and Modern clinical assessments and preparations that maximize well-being.
Meets Association of Ayurvedic Professionals of North America (AAPNA) AYURVEDIC YOGA THERAPIST (R.A.Y.T.) / REGISTERED AYURVEDIC PRACTITIONER (R.A.P.) membership pre-requisites.
Accredited and Authorized: We provide Legal Basis for SomaVeda® AYT practice in all 50 states! (No Massage License Necessary!)
See our NAIC SomaVeda College of Natural Medicine Recognitions! Register with confidence!
Course is 800 contact hours in class/ hands on Ayurvedic Yoga Training and 208 hours Supervised Clinic practice. Total hr. required for Graduation: 1094
Experiential, the course is highly interactive and dynamic learning experience.
Possible to do the course in only six months to one year!
SomaVeda® AYT Core Curriculum Hours: Total Course Hours: 1008 hours
Core Curriculum: 700 Hrs: (All Classroom Hours are done in presence of under the direct instruction of Certified Teacher)
Peripheral Courses: 100 Hrs
Peripheral Ayurveda Home Study Courses: 86 Hrs
Externship/Case Studies: 200 Hrs+ 8 Hrs = 208 Hrs
There are 21 Modules that a student completes for the Ayurvedic Yoga Therapists (AYT) course:
1. Ayurveda101, 201, 301
2. Tridoshas 101, 201, 301
3. Ayurveda Kriya Sharir 101, 201 and Chikitsa and Nidana
4. Samkhya Philosophy
5. Astrology or Jyotish (Thai Korosot) 101, 201, 301
6. Ayurveda and the Mind (Manasa), and, Meditation
7. Sankhya philosophy, Sanskrit and Bhagavad Gita
8. Panchakarma101, 201 and Aromatherapy 101, 201, 301
9. Yoga Therapy (SomaVeda Integrated Traditional Therapies: Thai Yoga Therapy as Core Modality)
10. Ayurvedic Nutrition (Including Traditional Naturopathic Nutrition emphasizing Ayurveda principles)
11. Ayurvedic Herbology SomaVeda™ and (Maharishi Ayurveda Resource)
12. Clinical Management of Ayurveda, as well as case studies and research (Maharishi Ayurveda Resource)
13. Legal Guide Lines for Vedic and Indigenous Medicine Practitioners
14. Clinic Ethics and business practices (How to Start an Ayurveda/ Yoga Therapy Business.)
15. Prana Yama, Yoga Kriya
16. Meditation (Shamatha, Vipassana, Tratak)
17. Kizhi (Nuad Prakhop Samun Prai: Steamed Herbal Compress Massage)
18. Hatha and Reishi Yoga
19. Pancha Karma 101, 201
20. Ayurvedic Beauty Course
21. Kerla Rejuvinative Treatments:
⁃ Abhyanga full body massage 2 therapists
⁃ Abhyanga full body massage single therapist
⁃ Head and face massage
⁃ Steam bath herbal
⁃ Elakizhi – Patra Potala sweda, (Nuad Prakhop Samun Prai)
⁃ Shastika Shali pinda sweda – Navarakizhi
⁃ Pizhichil (Dhara)
⁃ Shiro Vasti
⁃ Kati Vasti
⁃ Greeva Vasti
⁃ Akshi tarpana
⁃ Taktra Dhara
⁃ Tala podichil
Thirtynine (39) Post AHC (30) Ayurveda Yoga Therapist Medicine Courses
61. Understanding Agni – Digestion And Metabolism Factor
62. Guggulu Uses, Side Effects, Medicines, Research
63. Dhatu Dushti – Tissue Vitiation: symptoms
64. Ancient Methods Of Herb Collection And Preservation
65. Trikatu Uses, Remedies, Research, Side Effects
66. Fasting: Benefits, Water Fasting, Juice Fasting, Warning Signs
67. Upadhatu – Sub Tissues, Introduction, Explanation
68. Ayurvedic Tablets with Polyherbal Guggulu: Manufacturing, Examples
69. Rules for herb substitution -default rules of medicine making
70. Rasa Dhatu – Understanding, Physiology, Pathology, Line Of Treatment
71. Routes of Ayurveda Medicine Administration
72. Herb Classification Based on Dosha, Taste
73. Mala- Waste Products of the body
74. Tablet Dosage Form: Types, Examples
75. Raktu Dhatu: Blood Tissue Description, Vitiation, Treatment Principles
76. Guna- Qualities of Herbs As Per Ayurveda
77. Mana- Measurement, Poly Herbal vs. Single Herbs
78. Dhatu (Tissue) Body Types
79. Vipaka- Taste Transformation After Digestion
80. Mamsa Dhatu- Muscle Tissues As Per Ayurveda
81. Introducing Ayurveda to Beginners
82. Veerya- Potency of Herbs: Ayurveda Pharmacology
83. Herbs for Good Sleep
84. Acute Stroke Management by Dr. Ravishankhar Pervaje + Case Study
85. Karma- Pharmacoligical Action of Herbs Introduction, Examples
86. Medo Dhatu- Fat Tissue
87. Ayurveda Through the Ages
88. Prabhava -Special Effects of Herbs
89. Shelf Life of Ayurvedic Medicines
90. Meaning of Pharmacological Terms _ Part 1
91. Asthi Dhatu – Bone Tissue As Per Ayurveda
92. Ten Point Patient Examination As Per Charaka
93. How to Introduce Herbs, Herbal Remedies to Beginners
94. The Legacy and Contributions of Sushrita Samhita
95. Improving Memory and Sleep In Elders – Remedies, Medicines
96. Explanation of Terms of Ayurveda Explaining Laxative Action
97. Food, Sleep and Sex – Three Pillars of Life
98. Horse Gram Uses, Remedies, Research, Side Effects
99. Management of Arthritis in Elders
100. Majja Dhatu Importance, Nourishment, Imbalance Symptoms, Management
SomaVeda® Ayurveda Yoga Therapists (AYT) Program also includes intensive course work, lecture and practicum in the following subjects: Ayurvedic psychology, 5 elements, 3 doshas, prana, tejas & ojas, 6 tastes, daily regimen, seasons, digestion and diet, herbology, Vedic assessment, evaluation, 5 senses therapies (diet, herbs, aromas, sound, touch, color), Panchakarma theory, yoga therapy, Ayurvedic health management through 5 sense therapies.
Along with this, there are 75 hours spent in the direct presence of a teacher and include classroom hours as well as apprenticeship. Live interactive video and audio class instruction (didactic and virtual classroom instruction) counts as instruction in the presence of a teacher.
Peripheral Subjects: 186 Hrs These are related subject material such as Ayurvedic concept of Anatomy & physiology, Sanskrit, Yoga, Vedanta and Vedic Astrology. Peripheral course work includes an additional 86 individual Ayurveda Science and Therapy courses in distance learning/ on-line video format. Each of the individual courses includes a separate text/ workbook in PDF format. A 1,000 pgs. plus paperback textbook is included as well. For a list of Ayurveda Home Study Courses included CLICK HERE!
Externship/Internship: 200 hours must be spent one on one with a client in consultation. An additional 8 hours of case management may be spent discussing cases with a supervisor or Certified SomaVeda® Teacher.
The SomaVeda® AYT Program is a residential based Ayurveda/ Yoga Therapy Practitioner Program and requires attendance in 4 ( Avg. 200 hour each, total 800 hours) 13 to 17 day intensives (CTP1, CTP2, CTP3, CTP4, Advanced Ayurvedic Program Intensive), plus 108 Externship hours.
AAPNA Certified Yoga Therapists Level Membership (Association of Ayurvedic Professionals of North America (AAPNA)) Graduates will qualify for AAPNA Yoga Therapist and or Ayurvedic Practitioner Level Membership, however, AAPNA Membership not included and must be applied for separately.
SomaVeda® AYT/ AP Program Tuition Cost: $10,486.00 (Less any Tuition Scholarship!)
Important! Reduced Tuition Scholarships are available! It’s possible to qualify for tuition to the pre-requisite course for as low as $505.00! In addition to our generous scholarship programs, we also have liberal payment plans to work with your life and finances. (Current scholarship and or reduced tuition offers expires March 1st. 2020)
Not Included: AYT Materials fee is $796.00 for all workbooks, text, posters and DVD required. Food and Meals not included. Additional Text Book “Ayurveda: The Science of Self Healing” by Dr. Vasant Lad, available at our bookstore. There is a separate meal plan available listed with housing. Electrical for Camping and or Kitchen use fee. Personal medical consultations and or treatments of any kind with Dr. James or other TYC staff. Personal medical or therapeutic treatments/ consultations are available by appointment at additional expense. See NWS Clinic Menu for details.
Special for currently enrolled TYC Students and or past graduates!
Can I add this SomaVeda® AYT Certificate program to an existing SomaVeda® program I am already enrolled in such as CTP2, TCP, AWP, ASA, BSSc., DSNM and or Ayurveda PhD? Yes! We can combine the AYT program and Certificate qualifying you for AAPNA Membership recognition for a very low fee. If your currently enrolled or a past graduate of the Thai Yoga Center Certification programs give us a call for some very good news! Eligible programs now include the AYT at little or NO additional tuition! Call TYC / Dr. Anthony James Today!
Please Note: On Site Housing is mandatory to qualify for eligibility for maximum tuition scholarships. On-Site Housing is NOT required to attend TYC programs. Non residential students are considered Student at Large Registrations and may still qualify for special pricing based on date of registration and number of remaining available seats in any given class.
(Current scholarship and or reduced tuition offers expires March 1st. 2020, 5:00pm.)
The State of Florida Department of Education
Native American Indigenous Church College of Natural Medicine (NAIC) operates in compliance, as a degree granting institution through exemption, by the Florida State Board of Independent Colleges and Universities under Section 1005.06 (1) (f), FLA Statutes. The state, like other states, does not require accreditation or theological accreditation for our religious education based programs. NAIC is an Integrated Auxiliary of the Priory of Saving Grace.
NAIC is an IRS 508(c)(1)(a) Compliant FBO (Faith Based Organization)
Important: Please Note! NAIC Inc./ SomaVeda College of Natural Medicine/ Thai Yoga Center Cancellation and Refund Policies apply to all registrations and or reservations for courses and programs. NAIC/ Thai Yoga Center Programs are not public and are offered exclusively under expressed ecclesiastical/ private association and acceptance of these Posted Refund and Cancellation Policies and RPG’s are a precondition towards acceptance and participation in any program or course of study. Click Here for Refund and Cancellation Policy
SomaVeda Integrated Traditional Therapies®, SomaVeda® are a Federally Registered Trademark/ Servicemark and proprietary Intellectual Property, All World Rights Reserved.