(Miami, Coral Springs area)
SomaVeda™ Fundamentals of Thai Yoga & Thai Massage
October 19, 20 & 21, 2012:
Early Registration Tuition for Fusion Level One: $275.00.
(SomaVeda™ Level One: Approved CE hrs. ONACS, FSBMT # 50-11633, NCBTMB)
( Suitable for Massage Therapists in Florida, or for National Renewals.)
A Two and a half day introduction to the SomaVeda™ Basic Thai approaches to health and healing.
Class will be facilitated by:
and Lydia Smith CTT
See description below for all detail!
7:00pm to 8:30pm Friday Evening. “Taste of Thai” intro, 7-9pm: Open to the Public
8:30 to 6:00pm All day Saturday and Sunday
Fusion Fitness and Yoga
Debbie Wolff, Fitness Director/Owner
(954) 345-YOGA (9642)
firstname.lastname@example.org (Debbie Wolff)
9709 W. Sample Rd.
Coral Springs, FL 33065
Call for directions.
Click here for Map Quest: http://www.MapQuest.Com directions service.
Early Register at least 30 days before start date for only $275.00! (Full tuition without early registration is $325.00)
Pre-requisites: This class is open to any and all persons and students from any background or level of training. Thai Yoga and massage is founded on the ancient Classical Indian principles of Ayurveda “The Science of Life”, it promotes health through balanced and conscious living. A basic introduction to SomaVeda™ Thai Yoga, this intensive is suitable for new students or practitioners seeking an alternative modality from a spiritual perspective. Thai Yoga and massage incorporates elements of mindfulness, gentle rocking, deep stretching and rhythmic compression to create a singular healing experience. Expect to gain tremendous insight into you daily practice.
What do we teach in this course?
The course covers the basic concepts of hands on healing in a balanced session using SomaVeda™ Thai Yoga. This Yoga derived system allows the practitioner or teacher to gain a three dimensional perspective on facilitating and participating in another’s healing process.
· During this course the student establishes contact with a genuine lineage and learns how to facilitate the healing energy of the ancient masters through the practice of Puja or healing affirmations. Please note that this is the only SomaVeda™ Thai Yoga Course being offered in the greater Miami to be personally facilitated by Master Thai Yoga Teacher, Aachan Anthony James!
· After completing this course, students will: the student can perform a complete 19 Asana beginner Thai Yoga Vinyasa or flow with a partner. The student will be able to perform a one hour SomaVeda™ Thai Yoga Massage.
· Understand the basic elements of the theory of Thai & Ayurveda anatomy and physiology.
· Understand Basic SomaVeda Theory: Seven Chakra, Ten Sen or Prana Nadis, Wind Gates, Asanas or therapeutic postures, Meridian’s and Acupoints, Understand the concept of body work as a meditation, The Five Traditional Treatment Attitudes of the body, Know and understand indications and contraindications for specific postures, Major clinical applications for use in clinical or professional treatment environment.
· Understand the benefits and contraindications as well as clinical medical applications of SomaVeda™ Thai Yoga massage: Inner balance and spiritual connection, the ultimate stretching routine complimenting Yoga exercise and Pilates, pain relief, pain management and reducing chronic pain such as low back pain, balance the Chakra
· Understand and be able to perform the basic protocol and principles of SomaVeda BET/ Bio-tapping technique for balancing and clearing negative emotion.
For a more detailed description of the SomaVeda™ Level One Course Click Here!
Seeing is believing! To see photo’s from previous classes Click Here!
What is included for at no additional cost when I register for this course?
- Free SomaVeda™ Fundamentals of Thai Yoga and Thai Massage Training Manual.
- 18 Credit / CE Hours for either Florida Licensed or NCBTMB Nationally Certified Massage Therapists.
- Free ONACS Authorized Participant Membership
Sign Up today for SomaVeda™ Thai Yoga Level One at Fusion Fitness!
The SomaVeda™ level one Thai Yoga training class covers basic techniques and concepts from the three primary traditions of Thai Yoga/ Thai Massage as well as the unique eclectic influence of SomaVeda™. The original Thai influences include the Wat Po style, Anantasuk Royal method, the Northern Style and the Buddhai Sawan Institute.
After I complete this Fundamentals of Thai Yoga Training, are there additional classes I can take? Yes! The Level One is the introductory course in our 200 hour SomaVeda™ Certified Thai Yoga Practitioner Program. If your goal is to become a certified and or licensed health professional the CTP is the next step! For details on continuing or attending a 200 hour CTP, Click Here!
The SomaVeda™ Thai Yoga Fundamentals of Thai Yoga Vinyasa, flow or sequence is unique to the SomaVeda system and was originally developed and crafted as a practice tool exclusively by Aachan, Dr. Anthony James DM(P), ND, MD(AM), DPHC(h.c.), SMOKH and is copyrighted to him with all included materials. All Thai Yoga Classes begin with daily Hatha Yoga and or Reishi Yoga and warm-ups. Upon completion student receive the Level One Thai Yoga Certification and can begin their progress towards Thai Yoga Practitioner recognition. This class is a ONACS, NCBTMB approved thai yoga massage training. (18 CEHr. practice credit available.)
Important Note! We consider this class to be a Sophisticated Beginner Class. Graduates at this level should under no circumstances consider themselves to be professionals or present their practice to the public as professionals. These classes are meant for educational purposes only and do not purport to make any medical recommendations. Medical recommendations and diagnosis for any disease condition is regulated by both Federal and State law and may only be practiced by a licensed physician or other licensed health care provider. However, this class when practiced in conjunction with all of the SomaVeda™ provides a very firm and substantial foundation from which to become a professional! This program is currently included as a module for our Certified Thai Yoga Practitioner (CTP), Certified Thai Teacher (TCP), Certified Holistic Health Provider Programs (HHPA), Doctor of Natural Medicine Ayurveda/ Naturopathy (DNM/ ND).