Credentials, Licensing, Approvals, Affiliations, Recognition’s and Accreditation
Native American Indigenous Church, Inc. (DBA NAIC/ The SomaVeda College of Natural Medicine/ Thai Yoga Center), is bona fide, State of Florida, Not for Profit / 501c(3) compliant Religious/ Church/ Ecclesiastical Organization offering private membership, educational and Pastoral Medical services. NAIC is an Integrated Auxiliary of the Priory of Saving Grace. We want our members and the public using us as a resource to have confidence in our membership, our certification programs and our mission. We believe all creditable programs should be able to prove their legitimacy in the public domain. Although we are a Florida Based entity, we provide educational programs at various locations around the US and International as well.
The State of Florida Department of Education
NAtive American Indigenous Church College of Natural Medicine operates in compliance, as a degree granting institution through exemption, by the Florida State Board of Independent Colleges and Universities under Section 1005.06 (1) (f), FLA Statutes. The state, like other states, does not require accreditation or theological accreditation for our religious education based programs.
We are fully recognized, accredited and authorized to issue certifications, diploma and degrees for both primary and continuing education by the Florida State Board of Independent Colleges and Universities, NCBTMB, NAIC, ANMA, SMOCH, AAPNA, NAMA, AADP and our graduates from advanced programs of study are eligible to apply for several levels of Apostlic/ Clerical/ Ministerial Therapeutic-medical and or vocational licensing. There is no special licensing required for NAIC members to offer their services to other members!
NAIC College of Natural Medicine/ Thai Yoga Center Educational Programs and Degrees additionally may be recognized by various private and or ecclesiastical accrediting bodies. These are private associations that offer professional accreditation in Ayurveda, Natural Medicine, Naturopathy, Clerical, Pastoral Medicine and other areas of natural health. As such, they are designed to meet the needs of non-traditional education. To the best of our knowledge no Native American, Indigenous Traditional Medicine and or Classical Ayurveda, Yoga and or Yoga Therapy programs are specifically required to have outside, secular or governmental educational oversight.
Please note: Regarding CEU’s for other association, other non-NAIC agencies, religious institutions, National Boards such as NCBTMB, NAIC, ANMA, SMOCH, AAPNA, NAMA, AADP etc. Every association and private CEU providing organization maintain their own distinctive requirements… however, it is fairly safe to say that any class offered for CEU’s with specific state approval.. i.e. a state approved provider, vocational school, post secondary educational school with a provider number from that state will automatically be acceptable. If you have any specific questions or queries regarding this, please let us know.
Native American Indigenous Church Inc. (NAIC) currently maintains Church offices: State of Florida Not For Profit Corporation: 5401 Saving Grace Ln. Brooksville, FL 34602 (Click to view Florida State Certificate)
Recognitions/ Accreditation/ Approvals/ Membership / Affiliations:
- National Certification Board for Therapeutic Massage & Bodywork (NCBTMB) as a continuing education Approved Provider #: 451300-10 (Native American Indigenous Church: ) • September 2016 to Present.
- NAIC Integrated Auxiliary Priory of Saving Grace • August 2016
- Doctor of Philosopy (PhD) Indigenous Medicine • Director of Education, Dr. Anthony B. James receives from PanAmerican School of Natural Medicine • Nevis, West Indies • June 6th, 2014
- Doctorate in Monastic Medicine (h.c.) • Director of Education, Dr. Anthony B. James receives dual degree from PanAmerican School of Natural Medicine • Nevis, West Indies • June 6th, 2014
- United Nations Department of Economic and Social Affairs NGO Branch (DESA) • : Registered Indigenous Peoples Organization • June 23, 2013 to Present • (ONACS NGO Registration Search: “Oklevueha”)
- American Board of Drugless Practitioners (AADP) Certification & Accreditation Board • Full Board Professional Accreditation and Certification • September 3, 2013 to Present • (SCNM Certificate of Accreditation)
- Doctor of Natural Medicine (DNM) Degree • Director of Education, Dr. Anthony B. James receives from PanAmerican School of Natural Medicine • Nevis, West Indies • Houston, Texas • February 9th. 2012
- Doctorate in Acupuncture (Physical Medicine) • Director of Education, Dr. Anthony B. James receives from PanAmerican School of Natural Medicine • Nevis, West Indies • November 28th. 2012
- Registered Ayurveda Organization • National Ayurvedic Medical Association • NAMA • 2012 to Present
- Registered School of Ayurveda • Association of Ayurvedic Professionals of North America (AAPNA) • #:RSA-RAYT 1389-12 • (Click Here to view Certification) 2012 to Present • 2012 to Present
- Jade Center for Integrative Medicine: Appointed International Scientific Board • Dr. Anthony James of the SomaVeda College of Natural Medicine USA, Ibarra, Ecuador • October 2012 to Present
- Florida Department of Education: State Board of Independent Colleges and Universities • September 19th. 2012 to Present
- Oklevueha Native American Church of SomaVeda receives recognition and Charter from Oklevueha Native American Church • Utah & Rosebud Reservation South Dakota • May 2012 to September 2016
- Revmo. Mons. Dr. Anthony B. James • Chaplain of Holiness • Soberana Orden De Santiago Apostal • Ancient Apostolic and Catholic Church of the East in Brazil • Metropolitan Archbishop Mar Basilius Adao Pereira da Silva • Anapolis, GO (Brasil) • October, 2011.
- Doctor of Pastoral Humanities Care (h.c.) • Dr. Anthony B. James • Pontífice Instituito de Ciências Humanas e Religiosas, em parceria com a Universidad Ortodoxa de las Americas e Universidad y Seminario Apostolico de las Americas • Ancient Apostolic and Catholic Church of the East Syrian- Chaldean Rite of the America’s in Brazil • Metropolitan Archbishop Mar Basilius Adao Pereira da Silva • Anapolis, GO (Brasil) • October, 2011.
- Affiliate • EL INSTITUTO TECNICO SUPERIOR DE NATUROPATIA MISAEL ACOSTA SOLIS de Riobomba • COLEGIO DE MEDICOS NATUROPATAS Y ALTERNATIVO * Rio Bamba/ Quito Ecuador • 2011 to Present
- Affiliate • Escuela Superior Politecnica del Chimborazo ESPOCH [School of Medicine], and Cooperativa de Naturopatia PODER DE VIDA • Rio Bamba/ Quito Ecuador • 2011 to Present
- Affiliate • SMOKH • The Sacred Medical Order of The Knights of Hope • Orden Medica Sagrada De Caballeros De Esperanza • May 2011 to Present
- Affiliate • PanAmerican School of Natural Medicine • Charlestown, Nevis, West Indies • April 16, 2011 to Present
- Registered Ayurvedic Clinician (R.A.C.) • #RAC 1024-10 • Association of Ayurvedic Professionals of North America • AAPNA • Cooperstown, PA, USA • (Click Here to view Certificate) • 2010 to Present
- National Certification Board for Therapeutic Massage & Bodywork (NCBTMB) as a continuing education Approved Provider # 451300-10 • June 1st. 2010 to September 2016.
- SomaVeda Yoga Space • Ithica, NY • 2009 to 2012
- The Union of Thai Traditional Medicine Society • Bangkok, Thailand • November 2009 to present (Dr. Anthony B. James issued Lifetime Member #520121896)
- Florida State Board of Massage Therapy, ( FSBMT) Certified Program and Program CE Provider #: 50-15942, (2009 to present)
- International Turkish Massage Institute, Antalya, Turkey, (2008 to 2010)
- SomaVeda® Graduates approved to sit for ANCB National Boards (ANCB): (Jan. 2008 to Present) (Approval Letter: Click Here)
- American Naturopathic Certification Board • Approved CEU Provider: (ANCB): (Nov. 2007)
- Dr. Anthony James receives (Aacharn, Professor, Master) Teacher recognition from Wat Po Association for Thai Traditional Medicine, December 1st. 2006
- Anantasuk School of Traditional Thai Medicine and Massage, Hua Hin and Bangkok Thailand
- June 11, 2006, ITTA Approved to offer Ayurveda, Naturopathy & Yoga Hospital, Ayurvedic Training Center ( Guru kulam:) -Panchakarma training center for Ayurvedic professionals, Ayurvedic consulting service as well as Ayurvedic Medicine Manufacturing unit. Azhiyur, Calicut District, Kerala.
- May 23, 2006, ITTA to co-facilitate programs with Wangklaikangwon Industrial Community & Educational College in Hua Hin, Thailand.
- Department of Export Promotion, Ministry of Commerce, Royal Thai Government, Thai Trade Center, Chicago: Letter of Recommendation for Thai Yoga and Thailand Traditional Massage • May 2, 2006.
- Mississippi State Board of Massage Therapy, ( MSBMT) Certified Program and Program Provider #037, (06/ 2004 to 2010)
- NTYMBCB, National Thai Yoga, Thai Massage and Bodywork Certification Board, Commission on Accreditation, Provider # 001-1/2004 (07/2004 to 2012)
- American Association of Drugless Practitioners, (AADP),Board Approval, Commission on Professional School Accreditation, Gilmer Texas, USA, #42542302 (1999 -2007)
- “Friend Of Thailand 2002” Award, TAT, Trade Center , Royal Thai Dept. of Commerce (Sept. 02)
- ABMP, Associated Bodywork and Massage Professionals, USA (Active 1992 to 2008), (ITTA Association Registry # 137760)
- NOCA, National Organization for Competency Assurance (US, DOE APPROVED), Washington, DC, USA (1992 to 1998)
- ANMA, American Naturopathic Medical Association, Las Vegas, NV (2002 to Present)
- Lek Chaiya Nerve Touch School of Jap Sen Nuat, Tok Sen Nuad, Chianmai, Thailand (1989 to Present)
- UIA, Union of International Associations, Brussels, Belgium
- ICHF, International Council for Health Freedom, La Jolla, CA
- IBAM, Indian Board of Alternative Medicine, Calcutta, India (1998 to 2000)
- IAMA, International Alternative Medical Association, Calcutta, India (1998 to 2002)
- OIUCM, The Open International University for Complimentary Medicines (1998 to 2002)
- International Association of Educators For World Peace, Calcutta, India, Affiliated with UNECOSOC, UNICEF & UNESCO
(1998 to Present)
- Buddhai Sawan Institute, Nongkam, Thailand
- ITM, Institute of Thai Massage, Chaingmai, Thailand
- Buntautuk Northern Hill Tribes Provencial Hospital, (Old Medicine Hospital), Chiangmai, Thailand
- Body Therapy Institute, Toms River New Jersey, State Massage Program, USA
- Nuad-Institut fur Traditionelle Thai Massagen, Berlin, Germany
- I.T.I.M., International Tibet Independence Movement, Bloomingtom, Indiana, USA
- Colon Health Network, Basalt, CO, USA
- P.F.A. Bhopal, India (People For Animals)
Accreditation and Recognition’s for our Program’s in Thailand:
The current world wide interest in Indigenous, Traditional Thai Medicine (ITTM): Thai Yoga and it’s slang cousin “Thai Massage” has encouraged the Royal Thai government to implement new laws and regulations to set standards for Thai Yoga and or massage schools. As a result, Thai Yoga and or Thai Massage schools must re- evaluate their massage techniques in order to address safety concerns, to improve teaching methods, and to be well informed about how Thai massage affects the way people live in the modern world.
NAIC in country Affiliates and Partners coordinating and conducting our Thailand programs in Thailand are established by the authorization from the Thai Ministry of Education Department and with the permission from the governor of Chiang Mai. Additionally school affiliations are provided via The Union of Thai Traditional Medicine Society (UTTS). Our affiliate schools are accredited under the Royal decree of Article 18 of Private School Act B.E.2525 and complied with the new Thai Public Health Department law requiring the professional license of the authorized school owner to hold one of the followings:
1. Medical Doctor License (M.D.)
2. Registered Nurse License (R.N.)
3. Physical Therapist License (P.T.)
4. Thai Traditional Medicine Doctor License (T.T.M.)
The Ministry of Education Department must approve all criteria set by the law as follows:
1. Curriculum being taught by the schools
2. Certified teachers
3. Learning facility meeting the department’s guideline to ensure effective learning and safety
4. Number of students allowed per class
5. Hours of operation
6. Documentation and records keeping
7. Fees being charged
8. Diploma and seal format
The schools have been providing high quality Thai Massage education to students from more than 30 countries. The number of students to this date is nearly 2,000 students. A large number of them are returned students to attend higher courses. Many of them learn about NAIC by word of mouth from our previous students all over the world; Chiang Mai at a local cafe’, on the bus in Laos or even on a trip in Africa!
NAIC Inc. and our professional affiliates will continue to provide high standard and strive to improve the education to all students.
SomaVeda Integrated Traditional Therapies®, SomaVeda® are a Federally Registered Trademark/ Servicemark and proprietary Intellectual Property, All World Rights Reserved.